Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

For those that have plate holes in their front bumper...

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger Talk' started by Jacques, May 17, 2019.

1. Jacques

Jacques United States Active Member STL Stinger Club

What did you do to seal it? I don't want to put a front plate to mine, but leaving the plate holder is unsightly on my car IMO (no offense to anyone here), and can't think of a solution to cover the holes. I did check Bumperplugs.com, but they don't sell one in Ceramic Silver. I contacted them, and all they can do for now is make a custom set...for $149. :( Any ideas would be welcome!

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. ShannonC

ShannonC Australia 1000 Posts Club!

Have your local accessory shop mix up a pressure can and then spray them prior to fitting.

3. Jacques

Could you elaborate on this more? Spray what, some sort of plugs? I could see if one of the local hardware store can mix a small can of color closest to mine. And get a spray gun.

4. ShannonC

ShannonC Australia 1000 Posts Club!

You posted of something on bumperplugs.com so I assumed there is something that would fit. Major stores in AUS will do a factory mix for you and put in an aerosol can. Then just spray a coat of clear to finish it off. Total cost here would be no more than say $40

• Like Like x 1
  5. cncBilly

cncBilly Canada Active Member

Fill the holes with epoxy (add thickner to make it pasty), paint. You can get a paint pen from your dealer that will colour match your Stinger. If you don't have the confidence to do it, go to a body shop but take your paint pen for them.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jacques

Ah, now I get it. I suppose I could get another color from BumperPlugs, somewhat close, then paint those pieces. I'm not sure if paint places can do something like that and put in an aerosol can, but I'll look into it.

7. Jacques

What about a license plate delete? I did see something like that popular with the Subaru crowd. The plate though might need to be wider to cover the 3rd (middle hole).

8. Dummyinacan

Dummyinacan United States Member

I have the holes in my front bumper, but it doesn’t really bother me. Maybe because my car is black?

9. Jacques

Lol, yeah, you do have that going for ya! Maybe I should paint the plate holder Ceramic Silver to hide it more. :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. MIGULZZ

MIGULZZ United States Active Member

11. MIGULZZ

MIGULZZ United States Active Member

I'm thinking of something like this

12. Jacques

^^^I think I'm going to inquire with that Etsy seller how much would it be for a "Stinger" plate. :)

Edit: I sent them an inquiry. I'll find out the cost, and will post it to you all if anyone else wants 'em.

Last edited: May 20, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  13. cahlosr7

cahlosr7 United States Newish Member

I recently took off my front license plate bracket and came to realize that my bumper has 7 holes in it. how many holes does your bumper have because of the license plate bracket? im outraged and I contacted the dealership as to why it has so many holes and they're looking into who did the PDI on the car and im just waiting on a response as to what they're going to do because in this case im requesting a new bumper with no holes

14. Jacques

^^^How long have you had your Stinger? Do you have a case to request for a new bumper?

15. cahlosr7

I've had it for 6 months now. And no, the service advisor requested me to go in tomorrow to speak to the service manager.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Jacques

I talked to my dealership's service manager at length the night I got my Stinger, but had nothing to do with the front bumper. He did give me his business card, I suppose can't hurt me to ask him about it.

17. cahlosr7

yea i asked the sales manager and he said he had nothing to do with it, the service department deals with them when they pdi the car. i would understand if it had 3 holes because thats the amount of holes needed for the license plate bracket but it looks like they used the wrong screws for the license plate and drilled thru the license plate bracket and into the bumper.

18. westcoastGT

westcoastGT 5000 Posts Club!

• Like Like x 2
  19. SteveCo

SteveCo Canada 1000 Posts Club!

Thanks, that's good to know - I'll save that link in case I need it down the road. So did they ship two aerosol cans with separate base and midcoat? Did you have to buy the clear separately?

20. SteveCo

SteveCo Canada 1000 Posts Club!

I think for filling holes in the bumper cover you'd need to use something like this, which is made for bonding to flexible materials. Regular filler would crack soon or later.

Black Bumper Repair | AutomotiveTouchup

Draft saved Draft deleted