kia stinger store

Foam kayak blocks on the Stinger?

ElChanclo

BC ,Canada
I ordered the Thule roof rack from the Kia dealership when I picked up my stinger, but it had to be ordered in and is gonna take a while to arrive.

Wanting to squeeze some kayaking into the last few weeks of good weather here, I thought of getting those cheap foam kayak blocks for the time being, but looking at the stinger's roof, the front section is a glass panel, so I'm not sure about putting pressure on it...

Any ideas or advice? I'm leaning towards "nope" :unsure:

KFU-kayak-rooftop-carrier-blocks-16-inch-universal-non-skid_grande.jpg
12175_st0640_081.jpg

51I-lIwCL1L._AC_SL1200_.jpg

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
You frighten me! ;) :p With all the issues some have with sunroof noises, the last thing you should do is TOUCH it, hah!

kia stinger badges
Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Stinger? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Hawk853

I’ll tell ya, I’ve tried all sorts of kayak mounts and racks over the years for long heavy sea kayaks and the foam blocks are simply the best.

With that said, that was all done using my truck. I’m going to have to a agree with @MerlintheMad ; pressure on the sunroof is a risk I wouldn’t take.

An old Jeep Cherokee Sport might be a nice beater for that kinda thing. I think they’re going for pretty cheap these days. Well, cheap for a car, expensive for a kayak rack :D