kia stinger store

Foam cannon + Wax

RedCal

2500 Posts Club!
Toronto, ON
I'm sure the graphene et all is amazing. But no way in gods green earth am I doing a 5+ step process to apply it
Don't forget, a ceramic / graphene coating is a 3-5 YEAR product, so it's more work up front (not much different than an old skool wax) but afterwards it is a lot less work, the spray on wipe/rinse off are less work, but don't last as long (2-12months) so at the end of 3-5 years you are probably spending the same amount of time... just not front loaded. The beautiful thing is there is lots of options so with a little research you can pick the one(s) that best fit the results / abilities / time/ patience / budget, etc of the owner

stoopid

Stinger Enthusiast
Las Vegas, NV
...The beautiful thing is there is lots of options so with a little research you can pick the one(s) that best fit the results / abilities / time/ patience / budget, etc of the owner

That's precisely why I use the hybrid ceramic, no fancy prep needed and goes on easy. Works for as long or possibly longer than wax. Cheap.

ChaneRZ

1000 Posts Club!
Bay Area, California

Meguiar's G190532SP Hybrid Ceramic Wax - The Car Enthusiast's Car Wax, 32 Fluid Ounces​

This can be applied on wet car.

new kia badge emblem logo
The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

Rev_Night

Ok here is my amazon shopping list. Anything else i'm missing?

Sun Joe SPX3000 - $152
Renstar 1.1mm orrifice - $7
TriNova Foam Cannon - $35
Chemical Guys Black Light, 1 gal - $40
Chemical Guys Clean, 1 gal, $28
Meguiar's G190532SP Hybrid Ceramic Wax, $23
Mop Bucket, 6 gal - $20
Extendable brush - $20

RedCal

2500 Posts Club!
Toronto, ON

Sun Joe SPX3000 - $152
Mop Bucket, 6 gal - $20
Extendable brush - $20
My $0.02
I would buy 16oz of clean slate... you don't need to strip wash often
get 16oz of black light because you may not like it,
Get the turtle wax or Adam's over the Meguiar's,
You need 2 buckets if you are going to hand wash...and the home Depot ones are like $4-5
A couple of grit guards are a good idea
Skip the extendable brush
Get 2 Rag Company "cyclone" microfiber wash mitts or pads
Get a Rag company "Gauntlet" drying towel
And if you are going to dry apply the sprays... a few rag company Eagle edgeless 365

BadTrainDriver

Powell, OH

Sun Joe SPX3000 - $152
Mop Bucket, 6 gal - $20
Extendable brush - $20
You realize the MHCW directions require the first application to be sprayed on and dryed(basically work it into the paint), where as the GWC does not, it's a spray on rinse off application. As someone who's used both, it is my experience that GWC is the easier and longer lasting product.

stoopid

Stinger Enthusiast
Las Vegas, NV
for that turtle hybrid ceramic wax, does the car have to be dry before I apply it? Can it be wet? again, effort.
The car should be dry. It goes on like wax, so you apply some wait a minute (or less) then remove with a microfiber.

Rev_Night

So the Gyeon quarts wetcoat, it says "Extend the life of your ceramic coating". My car doesnt have a ceramic coating, just stock. Does this mean this product is not for me?

As for clean slate, I read that every time you wash your car (for me, this will be monthly at best), remove the old wax and put a new on one. If both the black light and clean slate say to use "1 oz in a 32oz foam cannon", then wouldn't I be using them the exact same amount of the time?

The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

BadTrainDriver

Powell, OH
So the Gyeon quarts wetcoat, it says "Extend the life of your ceramic coating". My car doesnt have a ceramic coating, just stock. Does this mean this product is not for me?

As for clean slate, I read that every time you wash your car (for me, this will be monthly at best), remove the old wax and put a new on one. If both the black light and clean slate say to use "1 oz in a 32oz foam cannon", then wouldn't I be using them the exact same amount of the time?

It works excellent on non coated vehicles as well. That's the main way I've used it. Watch the video at the 1 minute mark.

RedCal

2500 Posts Club!
Toronto, ON

You aren't using and old skool wax, so no need to strip it off

I would foam and wash the car with clean slate, use whatever spray sealant you pick, and wash with a pure shampoo, or black light on the follow up washes.

RedCal

2500 Posts Club!
Toronto, ON
I wouldn't mix them at all... I would think that black light has a wax, or gloss enhancer. And clean slate is designed to strip that stuff off. Use clean slate all by itself 2-3 times a year. If you go with black light use it for all the other washes, but again I would just use a pure shampoo, and let the sealant do it's gloss magic

If you go for a full ceramic coating then I'd you could do clean slate 4 times /year

kia stinger badges
Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Stinger? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Rev_Night

Well everything's been bought. Basically the same as above but I got the spray of gyeon wet coat.

I'll take before and after pictures for you all in a week or so