kia stinger store

Fixing Trunk Thunk !! ....................

Ozstung

Sustaining Member
Western Sydney.
The hatch rattle issue was fixed early in Australia it was a free fix with your first service. There was a TSB put out about 3 months after first release. Got mine done without even knowing the issue, dealer told me.

The Wasp

Newish Member
The hatch rattle issue was fixed early in Australia it was a free fix with your first service. There was a TSB put out about 3 months after first release. Got mine done without even knowing the issue, dealer told me.
Hey Ozstung,

My hatch developed a super annoying rattle a month ago, i've booked into the dealership to have it looked at. Thing is when i mentioned it to them at the dealership as being a "known issue" they just kinda said "Huh". Any chance you know the TSB number or whatever that I can refer them to?

Appreciate any help.

Cheers Dave

westcoastGT

5000 Posts Club!
Vancouver , Canada
Hey Ozstung,

My hatch developed a super annoying rattle a month ago, i've booked into the dealership to have it looked at. Thing is when i mentioned it to them at the dealership as being a "known issue" they just kinda said "Huh". Any chance you know the TSB number or whatever that I can refer them to?

Appreciate any help.

Cheers Dave
there is a TSB section here , search it

cncBilly

1000 Posts Club!
North Vancouver

OneIota

Sustaining Member
Hey Ozstung,

Appreciate any help.

Cheers Dave
If it rattles over bumps, you might be better off trying the rubber washer fix under the hatch bumpers than letting the dealer try the TSB if that's the only reason for your dealer visit. I took my car to the dealer for a hatch rattle before and one told me my car didn't qualify for the TSB and another just adjusted the striker bumpers at the back of the hatch. I did the side rubber washers myself (you'll need a torx 30 or 40 bit - I can't remember which I used) and it took care of it.

Edit: Issue Number SA322 - Rattle Noise from Tailgate

Last edited:

The Wasp

Newish Member
If it rattles over bumps, you might be better off trying the rubber washer fix under the hatch bumpers than letting the dealer try the TSB if that's the only reason for your dealer visit. I took my car to the dealer for a hatch rattle before and one told me my car didn't qualify for the TSB and another just adjusted the striker bumpers at the back of the hatch. I did the side rubber washers myself (you'll need a torx 30 or 40 bit - I can't remember which I used) and it took care of it.

Edit: Issue Number SA322 - Rattle Noise from Tailgate
Thanks mate, I appreciate your help, I'll give it a shot.

westcoastGT

5000 Posts Club!
Vancouver , Canada

Ozstung

Sustaining Member
Western Sydney.
Hey Ozstung,

Appreciate any help.

Cheers Dave
Sorry Wasp ive no idea, if your stuck you could call Gt Western Kia at Kingswood, Sydney they did mine without being asked.

Stinger GT SS

5000 Posts Club!
Sydney, NSW
Hey Ozstung,

Appreciate any help.

Cheers Dave
This should help you.

WRXtoStingerGT

Yonkers NY
bookmarking... thanks!!

The Wasp

Newish Member
So, regarding my hatch rattle ... turns out it wasn't the hatch after all. I tried all the recommended fixes too, countless test drives around the block making micro adjustments to the bump stops etc etc etc.

I had a set of springs installed about 2 months ago lol, one nut on the lower left suspension whatchmacallit needed a quarter turn tightening, rattle gone, case closed.

Things aren't always what they seem lol

WRXtoStingerGT

Yonkers NY
What a plot twist! :p