Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Good Ferguson Kia (Tulsa/OK)

Discussion in 'The Stinger Dealership Experience' started by Gizzy Gizmo, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Gizzy Gizmo

Gizzy Gizmo United States Newish Member

Just wanted to post to let everyone know about my exp with Ferguson in Tulsa. I had prev tried getting a matching quote locally in TX but was unable to have anyone come close. Sean quoted me the lowest price right from the get-go with no extra crazy line items. It was actually quite a bit cheaper to fly up and driving the car back. It was imperative that paperwork go quick and there be no funny business with 'protection plans' or other business... we showed up and paid exactly as quoted and were able to drive away within a couple hours.

I'd recommend them for anyone within driving distance. Sean with sales, Shane the sales mgr, and Avery in finance were able to get the job done.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Billy M

Billy M United States Active Member

They played games with me, trying to double cash incentives on paper. Walked away from the deal that ended up being 4K more than we agreed on.

3. Gizzy Gizmo

That's nuts, sorry you had a bad exp. If it helps, i negotiated the price beforehand and got a buyer's order sent to me that outlined tax/title/doc with all the incentives listed and "out the door" price on the bottom so there would be no funny business when we showed up. I used that paperwork to compare dealers prior and confirmed with the sales team beforehand that everything would match or we would be walking.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Billy M

Ferguson no longer seems to be advertising their balloon finance incentives. Maybe they had “too much interest from people” again.

5. Gizzy Gizmo

Maybe... the deal ended up being good enough for us to fly in and drive one out so that's saying a lot.

6. Billy M

Yeah, no totally... I almost bought from them, until the deal didn’t work out. I wouldn’t be opposed to trying to dea with them again.

7. Billy M

Working the deal that never happened with them, told me where I stood with balloon finance options. A couple months later I was in Moritz Kia Hurst, ans the sales manager asked what it would take for me to buy “today” and I told him I was at 40k out the door and he scoffed. Then I said I would be willing to do balloon finance, and his laugh went away quickly, and he said “well, let’s go write this deal up, I don’t have the car you want but I can get it in a day or two.” but i was just in town in on business trip so I wouldn’t work out for me and really only there to look at how a used one with 20k on it had held up

8. mldavis2

mldavis2 United States 1000 Posts Club!

The Kia factory rebate has nothing to do with the dealer and his quote -- nothing. It is your rebate, a direct reduction of the dealer's price when you use either lease or balloon financing through Kia Finance. DO NOT let the dealer trick you into assigning the rebate to the dealership as part of the deal so they can play games with monthly payment figures. Make your deal with them and then make sure the rebate is the current month's legitimate factory amount, not some number the dealer comes up with. Ask to see the chart for the current month to keep them honest.

As far as holding up, my "used" GT2 at 18,000 miles is perfect. It had 4 miles on the clock when I drove it off the lot.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Gizzy Gizmo

Regards to the rebate... i do suspect there was a rebate with the balloon financed deals, mine shows a rebate/discount of 4300. The dealer showed around 8k discount... the rebate section had 4300 filled out and the sales price listed at the top was discounted the other 4k. I could find nowhere else any publications stating what the rebates where/are for balloon financed cars, but all of the adverts from places doing them had about a $4k lower price out the door than anyone else, and most claimed around $8k "savings". The official KMF site listed no incentives for 2019 GT2 other than lease cash... and i wanted to buy the car outright.

Also, if it means anything... there was some extra paperwork regarding acknowledging the actual balloon payment. I googled some to see what the deal is and apparently only a few states allow this kind of loan due to it being "predatory". Eg, someone who doesn't know any better will see the lower monthly payment and not realize that towards the end of the loan they have a 20k+ payment due. Since i was going to pay off the loan immediately i was only worried about any fee's involved with early payment.

• Agree Agree x 1
Draft saved Draft deleted