Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Family Car

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger Interior Discussion' started by Rhode Block, Sep 28, 2018.

1. Rhode Block

Rhode Block United States Member

Hey!

So I bought the Stinger to replace a Charger, which worked decently as a family vehicle. Not as good as my Kia Van, but decently enough for the one car seat I used. My dog loved the charger.

When I test drove the Stinger I brought my 6 month old, put him in the back, and he had a blast.

Fast forward a month, and I brought home my newborn, 6 month old, and wife!

I am happy to report that the back seat has plenty of room to move your family!

There’s easily enough room for the seats without them touching the front seats, but because of labor I had my wife’s seat all the way back.

If anyone has any questions about using latch, or the installation of seats in the car etc, or wants more pictures let me know!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. eflyguy

eflyguy United States 1000 Posts Club! Staff Member Moderator

That is the point of it being a GT car - move four adults (or a family) in comfort and style..

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Clearly Canadian

Clearly Canadian Canada Stinger Enthusiast

4. Ruturaj

Ruturaj United States Active Member

Congratulations on your new baby!! Thank you for sharing the info and picture.

Can you put a car seat in middle and fit two adults in case?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rhode Block

I can take a look tomorrow about spacing, there shouldn’t be an issue with the car seat if you use the belt strap. However, don’t use the Latch system though on the middle seat.

• Like Like x 1
  6. NS_Stinger

NS_Stinger Canada Active Member

Congrats on the baby and the Stinger. I also use my Stinger as a secondary family car to our suv. I have a 3yo and a 3 month old and the car has plenty of space to accomodate all of us along with our baby gear.

I have to mention that you need seat armor in a bad way, those baby seats are going to destroy the leather back there. Im using these which work great until Kia smartens up and releases a second row seat cover:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00B...+protector&dpPl=1&dpID=413K+NczsYL&ref=plSrch

I dont believe you could fit an adult or a 3rd seat back there unless you bought really narrow compact car seats.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Rhode Block

Your a hero!! I’ll have to take a look into those.

8. MerlintheMad

MerlintheMad United States 2500 Posts Club!

Aw! That's a familiar sight, from decades ago. Well, the space age kiddie car seats of today could grace a space capsule. I used to buckle my babies in by strapping a seatbelt around the baby carrier, which probably weighed all of half a dozen pounds if that. The handle could be swiveled to prop the seat up, or lay it down, or 180 degrees to turn it into a carrying handle. Gone are those days forever; and deservedly so, I reckon. Still, carrying one of those things that could double as an ejection seat from a jet fighter will give you a hernia, empty, sans baby. Caveat pater!

9. forzanerazzurri

forzanerazzurri Canada Active Member

The stinger is a great family car. Getting a boring SUV because you have one kid may be a North American past time but it's a bit absurd.

10. Madman

Madman United States Active Member Sustaining Member

Adult stick insects...

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. BlaydeX15

BlaydeX15 United States Active Member

I've done carseat in middle with 2 adults in the much smaller Mazda 3, you just need 2 adults who don't complain. Lol.

To OP, even though the thread is kinda old, be careful when you move to the larger 20+lb car seats. Front facing, they're fine, rear facing is rough though. The person sitting in front of the rear facing seat will have to move their seat pretty far forward if you get a carseat that's a bit larger. They also might not lean back far enough, since the back seats are angled buckets. Even at the steepest angled setting, my carseat wouldn't angle properly because of the seat shape. She's old enough to be moved up a notch, so it was fine, but if you're planning on using the carseat in there regularly, I'd bring the Stinger to test fit carseats before buying a bigger one.

• Like Like x 1
Draft saved Draft deleted