kia stinger store

Facelifted US Market 2022 Kia Stinger Details Come Into Focus

87and66

Pittsburgh, PA

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
Interesting; no "base" GT for 2022. Huge change there: no more Harman Kardon in the GT1; no ECS, no memory driver's seats: "These are all now GT2-exclusive features." Well, that isn't cool, in my humble opinion. The quilted design leather is coming to the US.

Jayphil

Interesting; no "base" GT for 2022. Huge change there: no more Harman Kardon in the GT1; no ECS, no memory driver's seats: "These are all now GT2-exclusive features." Well, that isn't cool, in my humble opinion. The quilted design leather is coming to the US.
I am not sure if the quilted seats will also be the seats for Canada but I am not sure I am happy with this. I like both the diamond quilted and European/Australian seats over the preface lift seats but I think I like the European seats the best for the sporty look. Quilted seats have more of a luxury vibe which is more suited for the Genesis.

Aero2001

I can't wait to test the new 2.5T GT Line with AWD. That could be the perfect car for me, but I already know my wife is concerned about the rear visibility and blind spots--as if that matters when you're passing everybody! Sheesh.

ecko04

Stinger Enthusiast
I can't wait to test the new 2.5T GT Line with AWD. That could be the perfect car for me, but I already know my wife is concerned about the rear visibility and blind spots--as if that matters when you're passing everybody! Sheesh.
The solution to this minor inconvenience is to have your wife seriously think you’re going to get a Camaro. I mean go all out. Test drive, draw up paperwork, the whole nine. She’s going to go insane with the blind spots and lack of rear visibility. Then when you check out the Stinger she will gladly thank you for coming to your senses.

YEH

With what they deleted, the GT1 is like a de facto GT.

Would be interesting to know what the breakdown is for the 3 GT-trims, but wouldn't be surprised if the GT2 is the best seller.

Jayphil

Would be interesting to know what the breakdown is for the 3 GT-trims, but wouldn't be surprised if the GT2 is the best seller.
They did the same for Canada to pass their more expensive standard safety tech. The new Limited is like the previous regular GT now and Limited is replaced by the Elite trim. Seems like your trims in the USA will be now more similar to us where we only have two and no really basic trim. This is good for resell value but not good for people who want a cheaper price to get into a 3.3t.

I am really hoping the new Elite trim similar to GT2 will “only” get a 900-1000$ increase.

WRXtoStingerGT

Yonkers NY
Interesting look... I like it...

interesting trim levels. I was already thinking GT2 because I wanted all around view and HUD but it seems like they want more people to buy the top trim. I also like the quilted seats.

Also interesting to see his take on the timelines as he said it could be on the website within a week.

Aero2001

The solution to this minor inconvenience is to have your wife seriously think you’re going to get a Camaro. I mean go all out. Test drive, draw up paperwork, the whole nine. She’s going to go insane with the blind spots and lack of rear visibility. Then when you check out the Stinger she will gladly thank you for coming to your senses.
Ha! That's brilliant. She knows I'd never go for a Camaro, but maybe I could use something else that she'd find objectionable for visibility or some other reason -- like a Civic Type R, in which she'd feel embarrassed to be seen. I've considered the Type R, and even had her sit in one at an auto show, so she'd believe it. Hmm.....:sneaky:

Liampk23

Newish Member
Hey guys, I work at Kia of HB and we’re getting the 2022’s in less than a month! On the 6th of March we’re getting the first GT2 RWD. It’s in the new ascot green and has a price of 52,580 a jump from the last years model but the larger infotainment screen, tuned engine, physically adaptive variable exhaust and all new electronic controlled suspension make it worth the price bump. There’s also a new carbon fiber exterior package! It doesn’t look like we can order them with it yet but I would wait if that’s something your interested in. Lots of other little upgrades too so message me if you have any questions! I’m a salesman but also a stinger enthusiast myself so I’m just excited as you all are about this newly revised stinger!!! Also I’ll attach a photo of the window sticker! Enjoy :)

Attachments

• 8652963A-4053-482D-846C-F159557E6ED0.jpeg
    8652963A-4053-482D-846C-F159557E6ED0.jpeg
    440.1 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

Liampk23

Newish Member

Hey I work at Kia and the new lineup actually kills the GT model and the base GT-line. It’s just the 2.5 turbo GT-line and the 3.3 turbo GT1 and GT2 now