Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Extended warranty

Discussion in 'How to Buy a Kia Stinger' started by look30, Nov 2, 2018.

1. look30

look30 United States Newish Member

So just bought a Stinger yesterday , refused all addons dealer was throwing at me and kept the option to buy a third party Platinum insurance for just under $2500 for 10 years or 100k
    Dealer is in San Jose, CA and the warranty is by United States Warranty Corp not by Kia and has a $100 deductible for each service occurrence.

What do you guys think about this ?

2. Paul32

Paul32 United States Stinger Enthusiast

XXXXXX We already have the best warranty in the automotive world.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ucinn

Ucinn United States Stinger Enthusiast Sustaining Member

I wouldn't especially with a $100 deductible. If something's going to go wrong, it will happen usually withing the first 60K miles. Companies make money selling these warranties because for the majority, they are not needed/used.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. look30

Yeap , he was keep pouncing on the idea that only a part of transmission is covered and the rest is on me... I drive/owned an optima 2013 and Kia was good every time there was a warranty or recall , never paid one dime out of pocket so that's why I rejected the offer.

5. look30

I agree, 60k/60 Months should cover any critical issue .

6. MikeJr74

MikeJr74 United States Member

I bought a similar B2B warranty, Zero deductible, though. I am good to 10/100k for everything (excluding wear items, haha)

7. Menissalt

Menissalt United States Member

I got a 72 month, 100k for $1991 with a $100 deductible. I've actually had to use one of these before when the engine fan died and a motor mount cracked after some bad weather so they're very worth it to me.

8. Paul32

I think Kia would have covered that for 60 months with no deductible.

9. Menissalt

Doesn't look like they would: Kia Quality and Value with a 10 Year or 100,000 Mile Warranty - Kia Motors America

I don't know if any manufacturer warranty would cover a motor mount unless it's a factory defect. The wrap around warranty for that car didn't have a deductible but it also cost less than half what this costs.

10. Paul32

What are you seeing that I am not?

11. Paul32

If a motor mount breaks in the first 5 years, it must be a factory discount unless there was a head on accident. IMO.

12. Menissalt

Unfortunately opinion isn't going to sway a manufacturer to repair something. They only have to stick to their warranty terms and if something breaks from wear, rough terrain, etc. they have no obligation to repair it if that isn't included or is excluded in the warranty. If the fan or mount were faulty then they would have done the repair under their 60/60 basic warranty but not under to 10/100 powertrain. I was driving in very poor road conditions, cobblestone ice, because my job at the time refused to close and I couldn't afford to be fired. The warranty saved my bacon.

Additionally this wrap around warranty gives me a rental during any warranty repairs which Kia does not offer unless "a warranty-related disablement happens more than 150 miles from your home, and the repairs require more than 24 hours to complete".

13. Paul32

Sorry, but I have been offered a loner with Hyundai any time they had to keep my car for warranty work. I've had four Kia's and never remember leaving a car without them providing something for me to drive while the repair was being performed under warranty.

14. look30

Which company and how much was it. The one dealer is pushing has a lot of restrictions , wear not covered, $100 off towing and also no rental unless the repair is more than a week.

15. Menissalt

• Like Like x 1
Draft saved Draft deleted