kia stinger store

Exhaust tips (2022)

iQMe

Newish Member
Anyone tried the Akrapovic tips on a 2022? pics? I’m wondering if they fit through the oem holes now without changing anything.

Rhinoplasti78

I have a 2022 as well I wanted to put some tips, but my local exhaust shops say there are options that will work, but nothing won’t fit right or look good

someone on another thread says they saw someone running Akropovic tips with the 2022 rear diffuser and posted this picture, don’t know what size tips those are, but I personally would not want to run that since that gap around would drive me crazy

Attachments

• 9E9E7F48-8604-4BAD-96FF-859347C48FF6.jpeg
    9E9E7F48-8604-4BAD-96FF-859347C48FF6.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 58

Snowwhite

measure the opening in mm and check aliexpress. i'd give yourself at least 5mm on each side to make sure there's a little clearance. you don't want them to actually touch the bumper, they will vibrate and/or melt the diffuser.

so, for example if the opening is 110mm tall and 150mm wide, shoot for tips 100mm tall and 140mm wide. Just using rough numbers here, I don't have a 22 to measure. My tips are 75x105mm and the vendor also sells 95x115mm. Not sure what size the 22 openings are, but those 95x115 are almost an inch taller, so they might fit the bill.

Rhinoplasti78

measure the opening in mm and check aliexpress. i'd give yourself at least 5mm on each side to make sure there's a little clearance. you don't want them to actually touch the bumper, they will vibrate and/or melt the diffuser.

so, for example if the opening is 110mm tall and 150mm wide, shoot for tips 100mm tall and 140mm wide. Just using rough numbers here, I don't have a 22 to measure. My tips are 75x105mm and the vendor also sells 95x115mm. Not sure what size the 22 openings are, but those 95x115 are almost an inch taller, so they might fit the bill.
I measured the width ones in inches and it was about 5 inches which if you convert that it is about 127mm which is pretty dam wide lol

Rhinoplasti78

Possibly what site you using to look at these. You have the link?

Rhinoplasti78

iQMe

Newish Member
Possibly what site you using to look at these. You have the link?
eBay listing - one of the pics … (search Akrapovic oval tip) … not sure if it’s the best place to get them but it’s hard to find them elsewhere. I wish the chrome/cf separation was as obvious as in the round tips but I don’t see any other options other than flat black. About $200 usd for the 4.

Rhinoplasti78

Picture I saw in IG before.
That’s actually not to bad, these seem to be more circular than oval so I wonder what size they are

iQMe

Newish Member
If the opening in the diffuser is 5 inches wide I’m guessing the round tips in the photo are the largest Akrapovic tips 114mm (4.4 inches). I guess it’s a matter of opinion but I like the look of the round tips that size even though the diffuser is oval. I haven’t ordered yet because I’m deciding between the oval and round tips. I wish I had a similar pic with a 2022 with the oval tips to better compare …

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Stinger? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Hawk853

If the opening in the diffuser is 5 inches wide I’m guessing the round tips in the photo are the largest Akrapovic tips 114mm (4.4 inches). I guess it’s a matter of opinion but I like the look of the round tips that size even though the diffuser is oval. I haven’t ordered yet because I’m deciding between the oval and round tips. I wish I had a similar pic with a 2022 with the oval tips to better compare …
I have a ‘22 diffuser that’s awaiting installation and uninstalled OEM tips if you guys would like me to take measurements and photos to offer perspective.

iQMe

Newish Member
Sure. What tips are you replacing with? Bring on the pics when you’re done.
thanks,

Hawk853

Sure. What tips are you replacing with? Bring on the pics when you’re done.
thanks,
I’m just cerakoating the OEM tips. Sadly, my Ark catback exhaust exits won’t allow for well positioned aftermarket tips like most of you guys.

But since my ‘22 diffuser is off the car I can get some good shots with a caliper at different widths for an idea of how various sized tips may fit.

I probably won’t get around to installing for a week or two. Not certain what color I’m going to go with - Bronze, Black, or Gold; satin or glossy.

Last edited: