Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Exciting news!!!!

Discussion in 'Dealership Communications' started by JAW_Stinger, Nov 13, 2017.

1. JAW_Stinger

JAW_Stinger United States Member

Alright you guys, this Thursday from 9am till 12 noon we will have a GT2 Stinger and a base Porsche Panamera for comparison! I will finally be able to drive the Stinger as well! A Kia rep is bringing it over for us.
    This is of course a US spec so I will be able to confirm a few things with this (such as surround view monitor).

All are welcome to come! Haha, none of you can drive the vehicle (sorry), but we will be happy to take you for a ride!

Let me know if you want to come! I am thrilled!

• Like Like x 3
  2. Kia Stinger

Kia Stinger United States Administrator Staff Member

This sounds pretty awesome! And a US-Spec version. Great!

3. Jayce

Jayce United States Active Member

That is awesome! I'll be happy to hear about what features it has and doesn't have. The surround view monitor, heated rear seats, and wireless charging are the ones that seem to be the most controversial.

4. SteveMcD

SteveMcD United States Newish Member

Awesome, We will plan to stop by and get a ride!... or drive the Porsche since I can't drive the GT2.

5. CoconutRob

CoconutRob United States Active Member

Sounds great, can' wait to hear your review. Don' forget to check out manual shift mode.

6. eljay

eljay United States Stinger Enthusiast

Wow! What an amazing way to promote the Stinger!

I wish we had a dealer like you in my part of SoCal! I just killed 40 minutes on the phone and internet contacting 3 dealers. One was only able to tell me that they won't have stock until December, and offerred no info about how I could be sure I got one then. The sales manager at another (where my original, knowlegeable contact quit and passed on my file) didn't remember until halfway through our call that HE had called ME a little over a week ago to tell me he was taking over my file, and then had to ask for my contact info all over again. I'm waiting for the third to get back to me with the info I asked for. She did ask when I could come in for a test drive, and I had to tell her that her dealer didn't have a car there to test. It's like herding--I was going to say cats, but maybe hamsters is more appropriate in this case! But I rant . . .

Not one of them has any kind of whoopty-doo planned at this point to promote the Stinger.

So thanks, JAW_Stinger, for keeping us informed. I appreciate your enthusiasm, and can't wait for your report.

• Like Like x 2
  7. JAW_Stinger

I really can't believe some of the things you guys are mentioning about how some dealerships are handling the Stinger. This car is fantastic for the money and performance. My GM just told me today he saw a review comparing the Stinger to the BMW 440. In the review it stated that both cars are pretty much exactly them same, literally(besides engine and looks). Some of what people are confused about I already know, but I will take a look for a few things as even I haven't seen anything official about them from my sources.

Now you know the salesman in me says we can work something out if you want lol. I'll keep you posted.

• Like Like x 2
  8. regnitStinger

regnitStinger United States Member

Exciting news indeed! I’ll be there even for just a ride-along.

2BEA9956-042E-45F8-81C1-BEA0AD4228D8.jpeg

9. regnitStinger

10. JAW_Stinger

Yes, you beat me to it :)

11. jlongwell

jlongwell United States New Member

I am Joe Longwell at Weston KIA in Gresham, Oregon (Portland) We will be test driving the Stinger on the 17th as well. Will let ya'll know how things are afterwards.

• Like Like x 1
  12. regnitStinger

For us this Thursday is supposedly just a ride-along but not yet an actual test drive. Can't wait to hear from you.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Kia Stinger

Welcome aboard, @jlongwell! Thank you for signing up! :)

14. jlongwell

We are suppose to drive on a short route but actually driving not just riding

15. jlongwell

The Test Drive was a lot of FUN the Stinger does great on corners and then there is no LAG with the take off from a stop. We drove the 2.0 Turbo and the Porsche I like the stiff Euro handling of the Porsche, but the Stinger is much more responsive and FUN.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Kia Stinger

Good information. So the 2.0T has NO turbo lag. Excellent...

17. SteveMcD

SteveMcD United States Newish Member

• Agree Agree x 1
Draft saved Draft deleted