kia stinger store

Ewg wires

SneakerB

My kia stinger seems to struggle o. Shfting after i slow down and then speed back up, it will lag thrn jerk pretty hard into a higher gear would the ewg wires fix this? I do have a jb4
Thanks

Lane Powell

Newish Member
Are you having this problem when you are in sport mode? I just purchased the JB4 for my 2018 Stinger GT2 and should have it put on sometime next week. I'm going to order the EWG wires as well. I don't have the problem you're stating, or 100% know if the EWG wires will help. I've asked about the EWG wires in the forums and from what I've been told they are made to control your wastegates on the turbos so you can limit your maximum boost output so you don't run into issues with over-boosting. I'd recommend getting the EWG wires for your JB4 even if they don't fix the issue you stated, for the liability of your engine. What exactly is your car struggling with, downshifting after slowing down, or are you having problems making power? What other mods do you have other than the JB4 if you do?

SneakerB

Are you having this problem when you are in sport mode? I just purchased the JB4 for my 2018 Stinger GT2 and should have it put on sometime next week. I'm going to order the EWG wires as well. I don't have the problem you're stating, or 100% know if the EWG wires will help. I've asked about the EWG wires in the forums and from what I've been told they are made to control your wastegates on the turbos so you can limit your maximum boost output so you don't run into issues with over-boosting. I'd recommend getting the EWG wires for your JB4 even if they don't fix the issue you stated, for the liability of your engine. What exactly is your car struggling with, downshifting after slowing down, or are you having problems making power? What other mods do you have other than the JB4 if you do?
It states on burger tuning that it helps with shifting, (boost response, spool up, shifting performance, and overall feel.)but yes its only in sport mode comfort is fine, and i make plenty of power my 0-60 times are higher than some peoples with more mods i only have a jb4 with no other performance mods and run a 4.2 regularly and have hit 4.0 on colder nights

Lane Powell

Newish Member
I believe that that is just sport mode trying to maintain your boost pressure so if you were to speed back up you don't have any lag. When my stinger is in sport mode and I do a pull and let off the gas before a gear shift usually my rev limiter will stay between 3-4k until I begin to slow down or coast for long enough that the transmission wants to shift up or down. If it is concerning to you then try up shifting with your paddles if you don't want your revs to stay high for too long. If you don't have any loss in power then I think it's just how the transmission is geared when In sport mode. I'm not exactly sure if what we are talking about is the same, but if you think it's a serious issue id recommend having it looked at by the dealership. Also like we both previously stated I think the EWG wires would be a good investment all around.

kia stinger badges
Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Stinger? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!