• In the 1980s and 1990s we used AOL and Usenet. In the 2000s there were forums and message boards. In the 2010s - and until the very near future - Facebook and Instagram. Something new is coming for Stinger drivers... Become an early adopter of what's next by SIGNING UP HERE. Your email address will not be sold or used in any way other than us communicating more details as we prepare for launch - and we will not communicate often.

EV Stinger would you Buy or Not?

Would you swap to an EV Stinger?

• Definitely

Votes: 8 14.8%
  • Yes if the price is right

Votes: 27 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 14 25.9%
  • No, I like hearing my sweet exhaust/intakes

Votes: 5 9.3%

• Total voters

0zman99

Hey all,

I am curious how many people would be interested in an EV Stinger. Personally I am because I wanna go fast but Gas prices are saying no you don't haha. Instant torque on a Stinger would be amazing too.

vipeboy2000

Stinger Enthusiast
Middle Tennessee
Hey all,

I am curious how many people would be interested in an EV Stinger. Personally I am because I wanna go fast but Gas prices are saying no you don't haha. Instant torque on a Stinger would be amazing too.
I said yes if price is right but really it wouldn't replace it for now... just additional ride... I do want an EV but still would keep the current stinger at least until the ev infrastructure is much improved.

0zman99

I said yes if price is right but really it wouldn't replace it for now... just additional ride... I do want an EV but still would keep the current stinger at least until the ev infrastructure is much improved.
Yeah ev infrastructure is critical. Especially if everyone is driving them. Luckily 80%+ of Charging is typically done at home (according to the US gov). [2021] Your Simple Guide to Home EV Charging

vipeboy2000

Stinger Enthusiast
Middle Tennessee
Yeah ev infrastructure is critical. Especially if everyone is driving them. Luckily 80%+ of Charging is typically done at home (according to the US gov). [2021] Your Simple Guide to Home EV Charging
yea, which is why i wouldn't hesitate to buy one.. we currently have a reservation for a cybertruck, but will still have a gas car for trips .. especially on the east side of the states where ev chargers are sparse compared to the west coast...

The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

bfglitch

Unfortunately, I can't really do full EV. I live in a townhouse with no garage or driveway. I can't imagine my HOA or neighbors would be fond of me throwing an extension cord across the sidewalk to the car. And it would have to be 110/120v, and that far of a run would probably be considered too long anyways, not to even mention it would take forever to charge over 110/120. My only other option would be to drive to a shopping center just to charge.

0zman99

Unfortunately, I can't really do full EV. I live in a townhouse with no garage or driveway. I can't imagine my HOA or neighbors would be fond of me throwing an extension cord across the sidewalk to the car. And it would have to be 110/120v, and that far of a run would probably be considered too long anyways, not to even mention it would take forever to charge over 110/120. My only other option would be to drive to a shopping center just to charge.
It can get pricey charging not at home as well. 110/120 it's like 5 km per hour so unless you drive little distances, it's not great. I've seen articles of neighbors going to war just for plugging in your car (even if you pay for the extra electricity too (for apartments anyways)).

0zman99

ICE or bust!

When they get the charging down to < 10 minutes anywhere then we can talk.
Haha, but haven't you seen that Ioniq5 commerical where you can sit in your car when it's pouring rain (completely ignoring the fact you need to get out to plug in/unplug the car)

The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

RIck-F

Hey all,

I want to go fast also, but also I want to go FAR, and an EV is not yet up to the journey.

NYBIOMED

It can get pricey charging not at home as well. 110/120 it's like 5 km per hour so unless you drive little distances, it's not great. I've seen articles of neighbors going to war just for plugging in your car (even if you pay for the extra electricity too (for apartments anyways))

LVL.2 charging is the only way to go- generally cost about $1k to have an electrician install a 50A power point and the charger itself- if the vehicles doesn't already come with one for "free". Many municipalities have rebates on the chargers and the LVL.2 charges batteries fast enough in most cases, certainly overnight. I see LVL.2 charges the car batteries about 12-15miles per hr they're plugged in. Obviously if they're charging at 2-2.5 times faster then LVL.1 chargers, topping off the batteries is 1/2 to 1/3 as expensive, so you get a ROI fairly quickly at today's insane gas prices. We pay for power over time, not by the watts/voltage used per se, so the shorter theyre actually charging, the cheaper your paying. 220V is always cheaper, here in the states anyways...

I'm not ready for a pure EV until they're getting over 500+ miles per charge and there is only 1 vehicle right now getting those kinda numbers- it's the Lucid Air Dream or something...at $150k o_O

Deviate

Stinger Enthusiast
Venice, Florida
Same mindset with most, needs the distance enhanced. Im probably wrong but most EV 's get what, 400 miles per charge? So great i can get to Miami from the house but cant get home unless i hang out at Whole Foods for a good bit. Ill pass on that. As for looks it would need no changes still a Stinger. Not looking for a Stinger EV that mirrors Fords Mustang EV experiment. There are definitely some pluses to the EV but nowhere near enough for me to jump.

So i guess if it hit all the needs and price point was right id consider it. But like @vipeboysaid there are nowhere near enough charging spots. It seems at times that everyone that is pushing EV's forgets about the make it go side of things. Not everyone stays within a 5mi radius of their house. And at whose cost to install and maintain all of them that are needed?

Kamauxx

5000 Posts Club!
I wouldn't buy a performance Kia EV as long as it costs more than competing Teslas. As of now, the EV6 GT is slated to be priced higher than both the Model 3 and Model Y, with less range (the regular ole EV6 GT Line is $2k MORE than a Model 3 Long Range ($58k vs $56k) gets 60 less miles per charge (274 vs 334) AND it's slower (4.6 vs 4.2 seconds to 60) ).

So, hell no. Kia needs to get their pricing together.

Last edited:

NYBIOMED

I wouldn't buy a performance Kia EV as long as it costs more than competing Teslas. As of now, the EV6 GT is slated to be priced higher than both the Model 3 and Model Y, with less range (the regular ole EV6 GT Line is $2k MORE than a Model 3 Long Range ($58k vs $56k) gets 60 less miles per charge (274 vs 334) AND it's slower (4.6 vs 4.2 seconds to 60) ).

So, hell no. Kia needs to get their pricing together.
Well, the Fed EV tax credit is $7500 and Kia still qualifies, Tesla does not. That's a pretty good chunk of change. Most EVs are not getting 400 mile range, more like 250-300. Shelling out an extra $20k, likely more, might get you closer to 400 miles of range- not many cars are there.....yet. Also, the EV6 has 800VDC changing capability, giving you 200 miles of range in 18 minutes. By the time I finish my bio break, get a cup of coffee, and maybe a snack, well, its about 18 minutes. These metrics will only improve in the next few years. The amount of money and R&D being put into battery tech right now, and the foreseeable future, is simply astonishing.
I'm hopeful, but admit, I'm an early adopter. I vividly recall buying $30 LED bulbs 15 year ago.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Stinger? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

RIck-F

..."Most EVs are not getting 400 mile range, more like 250-300." . . .

Even that is doubtful if you need AC or Heat and Light, Infotainment, etc / or like many of us here, have a "heavy foot". I'd be OK with 300 REAL miles--IF I could charge the car for another 300 miles in 15 minutes. When gas sales become so much less that the gas tax will no longer be enough, both States and the Feds will implement per mile taxes.

Seriously, for those that can charge at home and do not need to make l o n g trips NOW is the time to consider an EV and cash in-- the current economy and tax situation is very attractive . . .

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
And at whose cost to install and maintain all of them that are needed?
Why, Uncle Joe is going to pay for all 500K of his charging stations. Didn't you hear the State of the Union address?

Deviate

Stinger Enthusiast
Venice, Florida
Why, Uncle Joe is going to pay for all 500K of his charging stations. Didn't you hear the State of the Union address?
No ...so is that before or after the student loan stuff?

(As side tracked from the OP as im gonna go)

Ohiocruiser

Stinger Enthusiast
As everyone getting poorer and poorer, we'll start trading cars for bicycles with Chinese. Electricity will be too expensive to charge cars anyway.