EBC Brakes Giveaway - November 2022

EBC Brakes

Authorized Vendor
It is time for the next EBC Brakes Pad Giveaway! One set of pads (front or rear) will be gifted to one randomly selected forum member from our entire range, just by participating in the below thread!

In past giveaways we have discussed our first ride, garage and storage spaces, famous people we have met or would like to have met and weird and wonderful vehicles amongst other topics.

With respect to electric vehicles, the sound and mechanics of an internal combustion engine is a masterpiece, and as pressures increase from governments for the end of the ICE, this month we would like to pose the question; Hypothetically the law states you can keep only one ICE car for the future, what car do you want to hold onto forever, and why?
Would you choose something economic like a Mustang 2.3L EcoBoost twin turbo, or go for power with the 5.2L V10 Lamborghini Huracan or a 6.2L Hemi SRT Hellcat Supercharged V8? Maybe you want the usability of a Ford F-150, or the classic finesse of a 1980 Corvette Stingray?

The lucky winner will be randomly selected and announced within a few days after the closing date of 1st December 2022 and details will be posted on this forum shortly after.

Please be aware that this thread may appear in more than one section on the forum and one winner will be selected from the whole forum, not a winner per thread.
Pad choice will be based on availability and where a chosen pad is unavailable, an alternative will be offered.

If you are not the lucky winner, EBC Brakes are pleased to be able to offer a 10% discount off their braking products to all members of the forum community using code FORUM10USER
This discount code can be redeemed at EBC Brakes Direct | EBC Brake Pads | EBC Brake Discs or with our USA partners at Perfect Brakes | EBC Brake Pads | EBC Rotors

Any questions or application issues please let us know.

GOOD LUCK………

EBC Brakes’ Range of High-Performance Automotive Braking Products

When it comes to performance aftermarket braking components, there aren’t many names that are embedded as deeply into the scene as EBC Brakes.

EBC Brakes is an independently owned and managed brake manufacturer, employing over 400 people across the UK and US, and produces the world’s largest range of brake pads and discs for virtually anything with wheels.

Supplying some of the best-selling ranges of brake pads and rotors for the majority of cars, EBC Brakes is a solid choice when it comes to improving your stopping power.

95oRANGEcRUSH

United States
A '70 Chevelle SS with the 454 and that sweet cowl induction. My grandpa had one my dad would drive from time to time in the summers when I was a kid. I can still remember my dad getting on it and the cowl induction flap popping up and that classic smell of old vinyl seats and carpet. There really is something special and visceral about a car like that.

The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

stoopid

1000 Posts Club!
Las Vegas, NV
The Ford 2.3T is a single, not twin turbo (the 2.7 and 3.5(?) is offered as a twin turbo).

I'm keeping the Stinger for a while so I'm going with that. I'm 99% sure my next vehicle will be all electric. I'm actually making my plans now to budged for the EV and two charging bases in our garage. This will probably be in conjunction with solar and battery storage for the home as well, if we don't choose to use the EVs as the battery storage.

ScottM

Stinger Enthusiast
Las Vegas, NV
My 1986 Toyota Camry hatchback from high school! It was fairly ugly and slow, but I had it black out tinted (front to back as dark as they made it back then) and the loudest speakers I could get (Kicker and US Amps all the way)! It was a rumbling, stumbling piece of amazement! I even got second in a sound competition! Odd though, I was the only one entered. :thumbdown: Sadly, I traded it in 25+ years ago as I needed something that actually ran. It turns out that you really do need regular oil changes and getting more speakers instead of said oil changes...isn't the answer. In any event, the fun I had in that thing...if I could, I would...keep her forever!! :cool:

This is gonna sound sedate, but I had a 2010 Hyundai Genesis coupe 2.0 turbo RWD 6 speed and I loved that car. I installed a custom bezel with a full android tablet installed that ran a custom car OS that did absolutely everything and I paired it to a usb audio DAC so the sound was second to none.
I had zero performance mods and it was the most nimble and cheekie little car I ever drove. Practicality was its downfall, living in a winter climate on the east coast of Canada and moving to a rural farmhouse meant a commute that was not good in the snow. But if it was a 2nd car I would love to have it as a nice day driver.

bfglitch

Some folks may scoff, but I'm ok with that. My (fairly attainable) dream vehicle has always been to get one of the final years of the original Ford Bronco before they went big in 1978. Preferably 1976 or 1977 (the final two years) shoehorned with a more current V8 and transmission along with a 3-4" lift, locking diff, and all the off roading/rock crawling goodies. It's always been something I loved since the first time I saw one and always told myself if I could ever afford a second vehicle just for myself, that's what it would be.

The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

namja

Stinger Enthusiast
Lynnwood, WA
I would probably hold onto a Miata, as it is lightweight and fun, and generally easier to maintain. I'm sure the way things are trending, replacement parts would be available for a very long time.

I find that I much prefer a mix between power and practicality, which the Stinger leans more towards. On that note, my dream car that fits both of those boxes would have to be a 2018 Audi RS6 Avant.

Hiryuu

Ferrari 458 Spider, last of the N/A F series and best looking IMO. Newer designs are busy and forgettable.

RM7

Stinger Enthusiast
North
Disappoint. Not brakes. Brake pads.