Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Dynamic Bending Light Failure

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger Lighting - Inside and Out' started by StingerT303, Feb 20, 2018.

1. StingerT303

StingerT303 United States Member

Tonight I (remote) started the Stinger from across the parking lot, got in it and re-started as is required. Once everything was up and running, I noticed an amber colored light on the dashboard that I had to look up and identified as the Dynamic Bending Light icon.

I turned the car on/off, turned the lights on/off etc and the icon remained.

Driving home I noticed that the headlights no longer shifted towards the direction I was turning and in fact were pointing a little bit to the left.

It is very cold in Colorado right now, but I would be surprised and disappointed if temperature caused this issue. Anyone else had this problem? Any thoughts?

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Berzerker

Berzerker United States Active Member

I don't think temperature should affect the DBLs, but what is "very cold?" They worked fine for me in 20F weather.

However, from the manual:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  3. mldavis2

mldavis2 United States 1000 Posts Club!

I think I saw a tech bulletin about an update to the computer for the moving headlights. Check with your dealer about that. Don't have the number handy....

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. PA_RN

PA_RN United States Member

I’ve had no issues in my car with the dynamic bending and I’ve had some really cold 3am starts in below 0 weather. I had a full headlight assembly failure which turned out to be a simple loose wire that got free a couple days into ownership. Dealership figured it must’ve not been fully secured from factory so it could be an easy fix.

• Like Like x 1
  5. CDNguy

CDNguy Canada Member

Correct, # 170134 2018 Stinger (CK) ICU Headlamp Operation Logic Improvement

• Like Like x 1
  6. StingerT303

StingerT303 United States Member

Nice. Thank you for that headlight update!!!

I took the car into the dealer today and of course on the way there the failure light disappeared...

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. CDNguy

CDNguy Canada Member

No prob and it will be fixed either way. I'm now at a Kia in Ontario as of late and all the units sold had the updates done (trunk one too) before the person was delivered the car.

8. TB48

TB48 United States New Member

I have had that failure light also. Went in and they did the software update, a week later light on again, went in and Kia replaced left side light assy., a week and a half later light came back on. I took it in and the were real busy, sent me home and come back in a week. When I got back home I tried turning car on and of a couple of times, and than the light went off never to come back on. Kia said they can't fix something that they can't reproduce, so I am waiting for it to come back on. There is no memory for this issue in the ecm. Oh well.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Joseph Spiegel

Joseph Spiegel United States Active Member

Take a picture next you see it. They always fix themselves when they know they’re going to the doctor!

10. Czar99

Czar99 United States Member

I checked kia usa website I don't see dynamic bending lights listed anywhere as a feature. Are you sure this feature is available on a GT2 stinger in USA? I see high beam assist listed though.

I see kia optima has the DBL feature listed in kia usa website.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Mach_Tuck

Mach_Tuck United States Stinger Enthusiast

It's there for GT2...100%

• Like Like x 1
  12. mldavis2

mldavis2 United States 1000 Posts Club!

Yes, two light features. One is the dynamic bending (GT2 only), the other is automatic high beam dimming for both oncoming and overtaking traffic which I find really nice. I don't know if the automatic dimming is on models below the GT2 or not, or part of the DriveWise package. The GT2 also has automatic dimming mirrors when some idiot fails to dim their lights behind you. Very welcome technology. All that is in the owners manual which you can find online in the "Useful Links" below.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Joseph Spiegel

Joseph Spiegel United States Active Member

When you start the car (I’m nose in, in my garage) they put on a dance/show to prove they work.

• Like Like x 1
Draft saved Draft deleted