kia stinger store

Driver's side rear window no longer operating

NIU_Huskies

Has anyone else had issues with any of their windows no longer going down?

If so, what was the problem with your window? Did you get it fixed by Kia? If so, how long did it take.

I ask because my left backseat window no longer goes down, as of today. I press the window down button and I hear the actuator inside the door make noise but the window won't go down. My other three windows work just fine though.

FYI, I have a 2019 GT2 AWD.

NIU_Huskies

Have an appointment with the nearest Kia dealer in November to look at the window. I will be charged a $130 diagnostics fee unless it is determined it can be claimed under warranty. Considering its a 2019 with less than 12,000 miles I'd assume everything is under warranty, right?

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
Bumper to bumper lasts till five years or 60K miles. A broken power window is not part of normal wear and tear, so, covered by warranty.

kia stinger badges
Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Stinger? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!
new kia badge emblem logo
The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

NIU_Huskies

Of course, I take my car into the dealership this morning and the window works perfectly fine again. On multiple occasions in the last 3 weeks I tried to roll the window down and it wouldn't work and I would just hear the window motor. So since the dealer couldn't replicate the problem they said they can't make a warranty claim and to come back if it happens again.

n8hegr8

Of course, I take my car into the dealership this morning and the window works perfectly fine again. On multiple occasions in the last 3 weeks I tried to roll the window down and it wouldn't work and I would just hear the window motor. So since the dealer couldn't replicate the problem they said they can't make a warranty claim and to come back if it happens again.
drivers side rear window that has not been working, all of the sudden started working again for a day, but with a loud noise and it struggled. today it doesnt work. still waiting on the service to get the part in.

baws22489

Newish Member
Has anyone else had issues with any of their windows no longer going down?

If so, what was the problem with your window? Did you get it fixed by Kia? If so, how long did it take.

I ask because my left backseat window no longer goes down, as of today. I press the window down button and I hear the actuator inside the door make noise but the window won't go down. My other three windows work just fine though.

FYI, I have a 2019 GT2 AWD.
My 2022 GT1, 2 months old rear driver side window makes a loud humming/buzzing sound when going up. I will have to make an appointment to take it in for repairs. Bummer that others have issues with the same window.

Avon

My driver's side rear window is doing exactly the same thing. On first visit they were like 'reset the master switch' all good now. Few days later stopped working again. Now a motor is on order. 2nd time hopefully will be the charm but this is Kia service we are talking about here so who knows.

n8hegr8

My 2022 GT1, 2 months old rear driver side window makes a loud humming/buzzing sound when going up. I will have to make an appointment to take it in for repairs. Bummer that others have issues with the same window.
the humming and buzzing starts first, next it will quit working for a few days, then try again, hum and buzz, quit working again. i was supposed to get a new motor put in but i missed my appt. i do not like dropping off my car to service.

new kia badge emblem logo
The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

D.J.

drivers side rear window that has not been working, all of the sudden started working again for a day, but with a loud noise and it struggled. today it doesnt work. still waiting on the service to get the part in.
What part?

EDIT - I later read you were supposed to get a new motor installed.

Curious how "resetting a master switch" would make it work for a few days. Odd

Avon

Got me but it did. Then it stopped again. The this weekend it started working. Tomorrow is appointment to change motor.

n8hegr8

should be a recall by now lol