kia stinger store

Drip Rail Color

Glen1023

Aurora, CO
Maybe I’m seeing things, but today after owning the car since 2/2020 I walked by it and noticed the drip rails on both sides are an off white compared to the rest of the car.
If you look at the car from an angle from the rear to the front you can see the difference in color, but front to back looks fine.
The color even outside of my garage on a sunny day looks different the the Snow White Pearl color of the car.

Attachments

• 009C3E3A-C3D5-4F92-AE1C-821CE7F5721D.jpeg
    009C3E3A-C3D5-4F92-AE1C-821CE7F5721D.jpeg
    115 KB · Views: 35

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
Yep, a known issue with some. It is probably the beginning of the crazed paint that results in cracks. These are quick to remove and replace under warranty. Sorry that your drip rails are going south on you. :(

SoCalSHO

Diamond Bar, Ca
I had a white SHO that did the same thing with the white painted plastic/ rubber parts.

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
I had a white SHO that did the same thing with the white painted plastic/ rubber parts.
But the Stinger's drip rails are "rubber coated" steel. @rocket23 stripped his, buffed them bright and sealed the bare steel with either ceramic or clear coat, I don't remember which. That looks really good on a Silky Silver; and I think it would look good on a White or Ceramic Silver too.

Glen1023

Aurora, CO
maybe you caught the start of the paint change to fix the cracking paint issue
Possibly, but both rails are showing zero signs of cracking and the off-white color seems to be consistent on both sides.

ShannonC

1000 Posts Club!
It's not unusual to see variations where the same colour is applied to different surfaces.
Here's my 2018.
20210405_101935.jpg

rocket23

1000 Posts Club!
Ct.
Maybe I’m seeing things, but today after owning the car since 2/2020 I walked by it and noticed the drip rails on both sides are an off white compared to the rest of the car.
If you look at the car from an angle from the rear to the front you can see the difference in color, but front to back looks fine.
The color even outside of my garage on a sunny day looks different the the Snow White Pearl color of the car.

But the Stinger's drip rails are "rubber coated" steel. @rocket23 stripped his, buffed them bright and sealed the bare steel with either ceramic or clear coat, I don't remember which. That looks really good on a Silky Silver; and I think it would look good on a White or Ceramic Silver too.
here's a pic of mine after the strip an clear coat...incidently they pry right off, just take care when /if you decide to remove and do what I did.....I used a wire wheel on a table grinder....came out decent.
IMG-0835.jpg

Rob M

Maryland, USA
Pearl white finishes are notorious for appearing differently on sheet metal vs. other surfaces such as plastic bumpers. In this case, your rubber coated drip rails. Here's an article that helps explain why. So I would say nothing to worry about... perfectly normal.

Kace

Just recieved our 2021 Snow White Pearl Stinger GF and I can see the same thing