Doug bought one..

Revvdmedia

1000 Posts Club!
Canada
I'll be interested in his updates, he will call faults where he sees them (or sing its praise if he sees fit).

MerlintheMad

10000 Posts Club!
West Jordan, Y00TAW
Liked it (without clicking "like"). He protested too much: "It's a Kia doesn't really matter that much to me." Hah. And his views of the interior were crap, while saying how roomy it is: he had the front seats all the way back and the hatch lid in place, rear seats up. But, altogether, a very cool follow up video.

Revvdmedia

1000 Posts Club!
Canada
And his views of the interior were crap, while saying how roomy it is: he had the front seats all the way back
Roomy is a very subjective measure. I believe Doug is 6'4", so I guess anything that he can sit in comfortably is "roomy" lol.

Sime

Canberra
He's at least the second youtube car review guy to buy one. Thomas from Throttlehouse owns one too.

Wrong, he doesn’t own one, this is a skit/play acting and I know this for a fact because I asked him myself. He does not own a stinger, but he said he would. My question to him is one of their Q and A’s after that video was made.

P22Tyler

Murray, Utah
Watched a part of it, then couldn't stand DD's voice and mannerisms any more (don't understand why DD has such a big following).

Thomas and James are so much more enjoyable to watch.
He's not for everyone, he's certainly an interesting guy. I really like Thomas and James too.

As for the car getting recognition now that he owns one, I'm not sure he's going to get it much love from others considering he bashed it in this video for pretty much everything he loved about it in the first review.

P22Tyler

Murray, Utah
He's at least the second youtube car review guy to buy one. Thomas from Throttlehouse owns one too.

I posted in the comment section of this video that I wasn't impressed with the Arteon's performance and wooooow. I've never gotten so many comments over such a long period of time telling me how dumb I am and how Kia sucks so the Stinger sucks. I was so excited for the Arteon, I waited a couple years for it, it was just a letdown performance wise. Beautiful car though.

YEH

He's not for everyone, he's certainly an interesting guy. I really like Thomas and James too.

As for the car getting recognition now that he owns one, I'm not sure he's going to get it much love from others considering he bashed it in this video for pretty much everything he loved about it in the first review.
DD is the Jay Leno of YT reviewers, annoying and superficial.

In his review of the K900, he kept getting the engine wrong (thought it was a V8 when it was a TTV6) and then blamed it on an auto pub for having the wrong info. lol

Wrong, he doesn’t own one, this is a skit/play acting and I know this for a fact because I asked him myself. He does not own a stinger, but he said he would. My question to him is one of their Q and A’s after that video was made.
Think Thomas would pick the G70 over the Stinger as it reminds him of the E46.

Both Alex and Sofyan (Redline) have stated that they contemplated getting a Stinger.

Nasscar

1000 Posts Club!
Perth, Western Australia
For what its worth, Doug doesn't think there will be a second generation model, stating Kia will concentrate on SUVs. I agree especially since the COVID-19 pandemic.

MerlintheMad

10000 Posts Club!
West Jordan, Y00TAW
He quoted and referenced articles from that same Korean blog; they all quoted from that single source on the demise predictions. The Stinger will change to suit Kia's needs, but I don't think it's going away soon. It may not get a second generation. But from here nobody knows that, not even Kia.

Watched a part of it, then couldn't stand DD's voice and mannerisms any more (don't understand why DD has such a big following).
Doug's ok. To me, he seems like he is autistic, maybe on the low end of the spectrum.

It obviously does not matter either way, but it may explain his somewhat annoying persona. Not to say people on the spectrum are annoying, but they can be perceived as such.

Lord Aastyra

Liked it (without clicking "like"). He protested too much: "It's a Kia doesn't really matter that much to me." Hah. And his views of the interior were crap, while saying how roomy it is: he had the front seats all the way back and the hatch lid in place, rear seats up. But, altogether, a very cool follow up video.
[/QUOTE

I was going to say close to the same thing, except I thought his review was leaning toward jaded and superficial. I disagree with his near “shame” for owning a car that is a “pos” Kia. “Ewwww- It’s a Kia...I’m so embarrassed” NOBODY who has a Stinger feels that way. Secondly, I get so many compliments for my car’s aesthetics- let’s just say that it makes Doug’s point moot- the public doesn’t seem to mind that its a Kia. There are a few American Muscle car owners in Illinois, as well, that are on my kill list; mostly Mustang GT’s and Chargers (and one black on black Firebird WS6) who will probably think twice before pulling up on this mere Kia again. His critiques of the tech are nit-picky to say the least. I’m sure that he bought the car because he genuinely likes it, but the fact that he only plans to keep it for a year shows he’s not a lover of the car like we are. I found his follow up review really rather contradictory and schizophrenic. My opinion.

DCBStingerGT

1000 Posts Club!
Melbourne

I watch all the Throttle House videos, Thomas and James are entertaining and informative, I didn't know Thomas owned a Kia Stinger, and I did enjoy this video when it came out, I like all their videos, but the one about the 2020 Cadillac CT6-V Blackwing was funny and I have always liked Cadillacs, still not available in Australia, Thomas kept calling it Blackwing, which is only the name of the handbuilt V8 engine, and didn't want to give it back.....that's why I thought he might buy one....:):laugh::rofl: