Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Door spot lamp

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger Lighting - Inside and Out' started by Tinter, Jun 7, 2019.

1. Tinter

Tinter Australia Member

I’ve got family holidaying in Seoul atm and I’m trying to get them to buy this item by visiting a Kia car dealership.
    They were told “they don’t have it” yet it’s a genuine part by the look of it on Ebay.

Is it a USA item only and made solely for that market?
    It’s certainly not available in Australia.

2. Tinter

Tinter Australia Member

No one ever fitted it anywhere?

Attached Files:

3. SilverGT

SilverGT Australia Member

Dealerships never stock anything! Always has to be ordered.
    This item would actually quite easy to install, assuming the Australian wiring loom has a connection for it? It may not! I’ve removed the door panels and don’t remember seeing any spare connections. If you had to run your own wiring then that would be a bit more of a challenge.

4. Stinger GT SS

Stinger GT SS Australia 2500 Posts Club!

Found this on eBay delivery is out of South Korea
    OEM KIA Stinger 2017 -2019 Door Spot Lamp | eBay

5. AV8R

AV8R Australia 5000 Posts Club! Staff Member Authorized Vendor Moderator

6. Stinger GT SS

Stinger GT SS Australia 2500 Posts Club!

The hole will be at the bottom so if gravity does it’s job water will get out instead.....:rofl::rofl::rofl:

7. AV8R

AV8R Australia 5000 Posts Club! Staff Member Authorized Vendor Moderator

8. Bigbikes

Bigbikes Australia Member

You can put it in door trim use pwr off existing lamp, I did this in a ford i had simple as

9. robz32

robz32 United States 1000 Posts Club! Staff Member Moderator Texas Stinger Swarm

Certainly not a US only thing. It is actually a Korean only option. It came on the TUON edition in Korea, so Im not surprised that they don't have it in stock.

As for installation is very easy and straight forward, the whole that you need to drill is not that big and will not be visible, as it is at the bottom of the door card, no water will flow through or touch it. It comes with a plug and play harness so there is no need to cut or tap into any wiring.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Tinter

Tinter Australia Member

Exactly the situation!
    Can you elaborate on what is a TUON edition?

11. robz32

robz32 United States 1000 Posts Club! Staff Member Moderator Texas Stinger Swarm

12. StingaGT

StingaGT United States Member

In Korea, you need to visit place called "Mobis" to purchase parts for Hyundai, Kia and Genesis.
    Mobis is part distributor for Hyundai/Kia/Genesis, just like Mopar for FCA (Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist).

• Like Like x 1
Draft saved Draft deleted