kia stinger store

Does the Ascot Green look better in different lighting, or with a better wax?

pendragn

Newish Member
I have seen the Ascot Green Stinger a couple of times, and both times the green seems "muddy"....like it doesn't know what green color it wants to be, and ends up looking not like anything specific. Does the green color get any better with a more thorough waxing, or with some other application applied to it?

I am deciding between the White and the Green colors (with being interior), so I am trying to figure out which color I like better.

I have seen some pictures online of the green looking great, but I suspect those shots need to be in very specific lighting, in order to look the way it does. But the white, on the other hand, seems to white-out the beautiful lines of the car. The green with being interior would be elegant looking, if the green were actual british racing green, for instance.

nhcowboy28

2500 Posts Club!
Alpharetta, GA
HCR ftw

kia stinger badges
Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Stinger? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!
new kia badge emblem logo
The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...
I have the Ascot Green and it is different from a traditional green, such as British racing green. In direct sunlight , it is a lighter green with a grey overtone. In darker light it goes to a dark green/black.

Attachments

• 50356753-62DE-4D9A-BE1C-567EFD4939E3.jpeg
    50356753-62DE-4D9A-BE1C-567EFD4939E3.jpeg
    508.8 KB · Views: 54
  • 84BC474D-037E-4E33-AC04-C67205E7187F.jpeg
    84BC474D-037E-4E33-AC04-C67205E7187F.jpeg
    398 KB · Views: 54

Nonapplicable

Newish Member
Phoenix, AZ
I also have the ascot green. I have put some spray ceramic coat on it and it does give it more shine and depth. Looks best in sunlight. I was going to purchase a micro blue car until I saw the the green in person. It won me over.

The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

SKStinger

1000 Posts Club!
Saskatchewan, Canada
If you don’t love it when it’s freshly detailed at the dealership then it’s not your colour because for most people it will never look that good again.

Personally I don’t like it. I much prefer the green that Audi has. It has more metallic in it and really pops.

pendragn

Newish Member
I am leaning to the White color, yes, good point. White, Green, and Blue are the only options with that interior color, and White is probably what I am preferring.

westcoastGT

5000 Posts Club!
Vancouver , Canada
I am leaning to the White color, yes, good point. White, Green, and Blue are the only options with that interior color, and White is probably what I am preferring.
very smart choice , high IQ is suspect ! :laugh:

hummus

If you don’t love it when it’s freshly detailed at the dealership then it’s not your colour because for most people it will never look that good again.

Personally I don’t like it. I much prefer the green that Audi has. It has more metallic in it and really pops.
I'm with you on seeing it freshly detailed, but I have not seen many dealers do this effectively. In a mass market brand like this, I'm happy if they don't leave a bunch of swirl marks all over it--and unfortunately, this seems to be more the exception than the rule.

Not an expert detailer here, but a sometimes obsessive one. My take: while coatings and waxes add shine, to see the true color pop as well as possible, the important thing is to remove surface contaminants and imperfections with a quality paint correction: chemical decontamination, mechanical decontamination, and polish. By the time a car is being prepared for delivery, it could already have haze, swirls, scratches, road grime, iron filings, adhesive residue, chemical residue--all from exposure during transit, during storage, and while being "cleaned" by the dealer with a focus on efficiency/speed rather than professional results.

The best bet to see a car at its best is probably to find an enthusiast owner after a fresh professional or prosumer detail. Unfortunately, this can be a tall task with a car in a specific color that is already pretty rare.

Then again, what you see on the lot and random encounters on the street may be more representative of what it would look like as a daily driver that isn't obsessed over, as daily grime tends to equalize cars of various paint condition between washes. And I agree with the others, lighting makes a huge difference, especially in dark metallic or pearlescent colors.

adauria

I've got a 2022 GT1 in Ascot Green and I'll add (as been stated) that it definitely changes its look in different lighting conditions. I think it always looks pretty awesome, though, and I get a lot of stares.

-Andrew

carsrmilife

Brighton, MI
I have seen the Ascot Green Stinger a couple of times, and both times the green seems "muddy"....like it doesn't know what green color it wants to be, and ends up looking not like anything specific. Does the green color get any better with a more thorough waxing, or with some other application applied to it?

I am deciding between the White and the Green colors (with being interior), so I am trying to figure out which color I like better.

I have seen some pictures online of the green looking great, but I suspect those shots need to be in very specific lighting, in order to look the way it does. But the white, on the other hand, seems to white-out the beautiful lines of the car. The green with being interior would be elegant looking, if the green were actual british racing green, for instance.

This was the same dilemma I had as well. I REALLY wanted Ascot, when I saw it in pictures. I do agree with others that it represents itself differently with lighting variances. I found it too muted and greyish for my aspirations, wanting a more vibrant British Racing green or the Telluride green. I was hoping for more "pop" with the dark chrome accents. Ended up with Snow White Pearl. I was lucky enough that the dealer had both in stock at the same time to see and compare directly. I highly recommend seeing it in the sun!

cncBilly

1000 Posts Club!
North Vancouver

westcoastGT

5000 Posts Club!
Vancouver , Canada
A little partial to the Atomic (bomb) Blue myself.:cool:
probably a phase you're going through , you'll recover ....................... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

DonD

Think you mean beige interior? If I'm not mistaken you can't get anything but black interiors in the GT1 but you can in the GT-Line.

I have the Ascot Green in a GT1, just 3 days off the transporter. I didn't wax the hood as XPEL will only have to take it off to apply the paint protective film.

Sunlight brings out the best in this color. In very overcast conditions, it looks almost black.

Wife and I think it's a very attractive color and we've gotten a lot of positive remarks regarding its color. Hope that helps. Don

zetatai

Think you mean beige interior? If I'm not mistaken you can't get anything but black interiors in the GT1 but you can in the GT-Line.

I have the Ascot Green in a GT1, just 3 days off the transporter. I didn't wax the hood as XPEL will only have to take it off to apply the paint protective film.

Sunlight brings out the best in this color. In very overcast conditions, it looks almost black.

Wife and I think it's a very attractive color and we've gotten a lot of positive remarks regarding its color. Hope that helps. Don
Though rare, I've seen the beige interior available in all 3 models w/Ascot green, also w/micro blue. The red interior seems to show up mostly in the ceramic silver & white. Otherwise it's black, black and black!