Does anyone know if the LED Premium front lights can be added to the base Kia after purchase.

MichaelH

Newish Member
Does anyone know if the LED front lights be added to the base Kia after purchase, as this would be a nice add on that i wish i had?

Kia Stinger

Staff member
Palm Beach, FL
Does anyone know if the LED front lights be added to the base Kia after purchase, as this would be a nice add on that i wish i had?
Hey, @MichaelH. We're having a conversation about this here:
https://stingerforum.org/threads/so-where-are-we-installing-the-aftermarket-led-fog-lights.1188/

Oh, I thought you meant fog lights. So you're wondering if the LED lights from the upper trim models can be installed onto the lower trim models. Correct? I'm sure they can but I'll let somebody more knowledgable in this area provide a firm answer...

MichaelH

Newish Member
Thanks. The fog lights would great. The base Stingers unfotunately does not even have the nice which cant cost more than a few hundred and make all the difference. It is what it is i guess. Thanks again on the fog lights.

Tangent52

Mesa, Arizona
I never got that far. I had a tree drop a big branch across the front end. I thought it poked a hole through the lens. So I looked into replacing it. Turns out the PPF got a rip in it. Looked like hole to me. duh

Yemen

Bronx
You can put the GT lights on a base model. And all you have to do is take out the old light and plug the new one in, no extra modifications required

budzique

were you successful? I've gotten differing info that the harness is different, just wanna see if anyone did this before I buy some.

chrischubs

i was successful the wiring is the same but you do need a decoder and a resistor for the headlights and the turn signals. the car does a system check and throws a code. also hyperflashes the turn signals, which i did not mind, just the annoying alarm to check your turn signals.