Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Do You Match Your Music to the Kind of Drive You're On?

Discussion in 'Community Lounge' started by SEA Stinger, Feb 14, 2019.

1. SEA Stinger

SEA Stinger United States Active Member Sustaining Member

Back in 2011-2012 I worked out of town on a one-year assignment. During that period, my commute was counter-flow, 26 miles each way. In the mornings I would bomb east on nearly empty roadway while the lanes going west were jammed. Then after work, the situation was reversed.

Blasting down the freeway, I discovered that certain music just seemed to fit the tempo and rhythm of that kind of drive. Zooming home at night after a hectic day, I tended to like remixes that took a good song and stretched it out into a prolonged, driving (pun intended) groove. Here's an example:

Other types of drives seem conducive to different kinds of songs. For example, twisty backroads seem to go well with more adrenalized rock guitar.

Has anyone else found that certain kinds of music seem to pair well with the kind of road you're driving?

2. MerlintheMad

MerlintheMad United States 2500 Posts Club!

Only coincidentally. I have not selected music to suit anticipation. And usually the music is either not conducive or is incongruous. For instance, last summer when I seized the opportunity to go well in excess of 100 MPH, the music that was playing was Rachmaninoff's Vespers. :p

3. Jimmer

Jimmer United States Stinger Enthusiast

When I am pumped up and throwing it in Sport mode, I go for some Def Leppard and Beastie Boys.

4. DarthVaderIX

DarthVaderIX United States Active Member

Occasionally some tunes are needed, primarily my vehicles are mobile university’s. Books and tapes from my mentors. After all the book is called THINK and grow rich, not make your boss happy and grow rich, not work harder and grow rich, not go to college and grow rich.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Peterjung

Peterjung Korea, Republic of Member

I banned myself from listening to AC/DC while driving... in particular Highway To Hell.... the speeding tickets were too much.....

6. Onno P

Onno P Italy Active Member

For me it works the other way around. Early Linkin Park songs that happen to be on the playlist make me go faster all of a sudden.
    Being at a traffic light and the first guitar-notes of ‘Thunderstruck’ would start....that’s an allmost certain tyre thread thickness killer.
    And I can blame it all on the wonderful stereo if pulled over.

Draft saved Draft deleted