kia stinger store

Do I need an aftermarket BOV?

mbainer

Have a 2021 Kia stinger GT2 and BTW absolutely love it!

Just added a very nice after market exhaust, K&N intake, and intake snorkel/vents and have them installed for extra HP/torque. Do I also need an aftermarket blow off valve? And if so what would you all recommend?

BTW getting a lot of turbo whoosing noise that I did not have before. Whoosh/compressor noise occurs most at freeway speeds when I step on it and then a back pressure noise when I let off the gas. Is this normal? Don't want to do anything to void the warranty or damage the car/motor.

Any advice help?

ChaneRZ

Stinger Enthusiast
That is the stock bov. It is now more pronounced when you installed the intake. It is totally normal! The stock bov is pretty solid unless you want more whoooooosh sound. I’d upgrade if we were pushing 20+ pounds of boost.

mbainer

That is the stock bov. It is now more pronounced when you installed the intake. It is totally normal! The stock bov is pretty solid unless you want more whoooooosh sound. I’d upgrade if we were pushing 20+ pounds of boost.
Thank you and totally appreciate the feedback. Never had a turbo car and now with the K&N the whoosh is very noticeable! I was worried I had a vacuum leak or. But everything has been checked and rechecked, no check engine lights etc. so needed some solid advice from another Stinger owner with some knowledge so thank you tons! Will sleep better tonight..

Intelliburn

Central Ohio
Most people do it for sound. Stock bov does fine at holding 20+ psi. Stock is 13-15 ish. I've tested them to 24 and they were still fine
I think after market BOV is a waste of money