Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Digital Outer Mirrors anyone?

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger in the News' started by Waynerm002, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Waynerm002

Waynerm002 United States 1000 Posts Club!

Saw this on youtube and wondered if they did a heads up sort of thing instead of the screens if that might not work out better.

• Informative Informative x 2
  2. UGAStinger

UGAStinger United States New Member

As far as I know, they don't offer digital mirrors in the USA due to regulations. Wouldn't really expect it soon.

3. jraj7995

jraj7995 Australia Newish Member

Looks pretty nifty but I feel like people will become even lazier to check their blind spots especially for bikes and I am about 90% sure either my passenger or myself would hit that screen when jumping in and out of the vehicle with bags. Nice concept though

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. eflyguy

eflyguy United States 1000 Posts Club! Staff Member Moderator

As stated, don't count on that coming to the US any time soon - but I will say there are innovative companies trying to get similar (but far more attractive) features into the system for adoption down the road.. (ha!)

5. AV8R

AV8R Australia 2500 Posts Club! Staff Member Moderator

The original GT concept had this type of mirror on it.

6. Bear

Bear United States Active Member

One of the Genesis models is supposed to have mirror cameras that display the view in your dash. I wanted to say its only when you have the turn signal on and the image would show over your tach or speedo depending on which turn signal you had on.

7. Coast GT

Coast GT Australia Active Member

Don’t like the idea of a screen on the door near the A pillar, give me a mirror and a Mk 1 eyeball. Most people already drive like they don’t have mirrors. All the extra tech is good in some ways but just means lots more $$$ when something goes wrong and needs replacing. Guess that’s the way things are moving though.

8. NS_Stinger

NS_Stinger Canada Active Member

How long before you just put a virtual reality helmet on to drive haha. I would find those annoying and distracting, especially at night. I'll pass.

9. Alagos

Alagos Germany Member

For me - no Go ... more tech that Could be damaged electronic. A mirror just can break.

But really - in my opinion - that Looks ugly .. Big car small tiny mirrors..

Reminds me of a T-Rex.. too small arms

Draft saved Draft deleted