1. The Kia Stinger Owners Group is a private community. Please login or register to unlock the full content.
Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Did You Know??

Discussion in 'Community Lounge' started by Kia Stinger, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Kia Stinger

Kia Stinger Administrator Staff Member

Did you know that if you turn off your ad blocker - the site will look exactly the same? That's because there are no advertisements... Go ahead! Turn it off.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  2. ballistic

ballistic Active Member Founding Member

i had no idea. and look at that! you're right! lol

• Like Like x 1
  3. hej

hej Active Member Founding Member

Mind. Blown.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Jenny Wang

Jenny Wang Active Member Founding Member

I didn't see this until right now. I think my browser had an ad blocker automatically installed. I never turned one on. But I read this and turned it off for this site. It's nice to see a site go up without the main ambition to turn a profit. Not that there's anything necessarily wrong with that but when every other site does it, it gets kind of annoying. Heck, at least wait until the place has a lot of traffic and you have a reason for the support. So many sites go live with ads the first day. I don't know maybe it's just me but that just erks me. Then again I guess there are a lot of entrepreneurs out there.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Brian Keenan

Brian Keenan Member Founding Member

Well what do ya know? LOL. I turned mine off. I don't even think about it anymore. I don't mind ads but the ones that slow the screen down with video, animated gifs or sound really piss me off.

6. Kia Stinger

I'm glad you're appreciating the ad free experience. I want this place to load quickly, be easy on the eyes and enjoyable to spend time at...

7. jburns

jburns Member

Yep. No ads here but look at the bottom number. ugh

Ads blocked

• 0 on this page
      1,334,228 in total

8. Brian Keenan

Brian Keenan Member Founding Member

I'm not as hard core as you are!

0 on this page
    89,591 in total

I don't block all sites though. I'll at least give a site the benefit of the doubt but if they bombard me the blocker goes on. It's really no skin off my back if the site owner makes some money off my browsing as long as I can move around through the site without suffering.

9. Melissa Rothburg

Melissa Rothburg New Member

Thank you for the ad free environment! I don't use an adblocker I just don't stay at the sites with so many ads that the page loads slow or is difficult to read. So I really appreciate it.
    :cool:

10. Kia Stinger

I just realized that there are two tracking cookies even though there are no ads here. In the event you've also noticed this, just to let you know, they're from Facebook and Twitter - and they have to do with being able to login using your social media accounts. I don't know what they track but if for any reason our members feel uncomfortable with it I can probably figure out a way to disable it for you and still allow others to log in...

11. jburns

jburns Member

Facebook tracks everything. Try an experiment like I did. GO to any site and click on an ad for something you would have never or would never buy. I guarantee you will end up with ads for the same or similar products in your Facebook feed. It doesn't take long either.
    I used to block cookies but it was inconvenient. Now I just use an ad blocker and if a site, like many of the news sites tells me to turn it off to view I open it an incognito window in my browser. To be fair, I do turn off the ad blocker on sites I enjoy and visit often. I turned it off on here for example.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Kia Stinger

Yes, I see that. The ads follow you. In some instances, I like it. It reminds me to pursue or buy things I'd like that I might otherwise forget about. Other times it's kind of annoying. Here, we don't have any ads but adding the ability for people to use their Twitter or Facebook accounts to quickly login appears to come with a trade-off of some sort.

In any event, thank you for browsing here with your ad blocker turned off. I have a feeling a website is seen as more legitimate when it's viewers don't have them turned on. I can guarantee you'll never see a network ad here as a member. If our members are ever to see ads here they'd only be simple gifs or jpgs with no tracking cookies from vendors who want to directly advertise. But I'm sure that's a long way off...

13. Larry Denen

Larry Denen Member Founding Member

Thank you sir! I appreciate your efforts.