kia stinger store

Did the 2022 get wireless android auto?

With the UVO update they added in a lot of new stuff. Just wondering if wireless android auto made the list?

Well that takes all the zip out of my upgrade for no good reason do-dah. Thank you!

shoengine

Sustaining Member +
I can shed a bit more light on this. Last month I inquired about wireless and received the response:.

Screenshot_20210407-130655_Email.jpg
This is corroborated by the features guide:

Screenshot_20210407-130906_Drive.jpg
Nav capable UVO must use a cable

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210407-131056_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20210407-131056_Drive.jpg
    220.5 KB · Views: 3
I'm afraid this confuses me more. So wireless would not be available on the gt2? Just the lower trims?

shoengine

Sustaining Member +
My GT1 has nav

crispin

Newish Member
So is this a hardware thing? I don't suppose I can remove the SD card for the navigation (I always use Google Maps anyway) and then get wireless Android Auto?

shoengine

Sustaining Member +
I'm not too worried about it myself. On one hand I would like to use the wireless charger and Android auto, on the other hand, UVO is fairly feature rich.

Geebucks

Peter from Brantford Kia (now Kia Hyundai Channel on youtube) has said in his video on the new 2022 stinger that he expects all the models with the new 10.2 screen to get a software update in the future that enables wireless AA/Carplay. The email that shoengine got from Kia USA at the very least doesn't shoot this down, with the emphasis on "for now" and "so far".

So, hopefully it'll be a thing in the near future!

Kimberly Lazarski

Maine
This is an option: AAWireless

Mine are in the 81xx and 146xx range so I haven't received my perks yet so I am unable to vouch for it in any vehicle, much less the stinger, but one member already posted a video of it working in a Stinger; view it here:

Got one of those on order. just waiting for my place in the manufacturing queue.

Kimberly Lazarski

Maine
I received my first aawireless perk today and tested it out in our Forester. Subie's infotainment is stuck in the stone age, so it's somewhat laggy but it works, and as a plus, thanks to the aawireless companion app, I am even able to force it into widescreen mode; those of you with pre-refresh Stingers should be able to use Wireless Android Auto in widescreen mode by adjusting the dpi settings in the companion app.

1619556278623.png

Sushi

Vancouver, Canada
I received my first aawireless perk today and tested it out in our Forester. Subie's infotainment is stuck in the stone age, so it's somewhat laggy but it works, and as a plus, thanks to the aawireless companion app, I am even able to force it into widescreen mode; those of you with pre-refresh Stingers should be able to use Wireless Android Auto in widescreen mode by adjusting the dpi settings in the companion app.

View attachment 58126
Got one of those on order but I'm a long ways for having my number fulfilled. Thanks for the tip about the forced widescreen. I'll try to remember it in a couple years when I receive mine.

Got one of those on order but I'm a long ways for having my number fulfilled. Thanks for the tip about the forced widescreen. I'll try to remember it in a couple years when I receive mine.
I'm 16xxx and they just annouced up to 11xxx this morning. I'm really hoping to be in the next batch.