• PLEASE! It is VERY important that this area is not used for the discussion of technical issues with your Stinger. This section is for posting about regional-specific things like Stinger clubs, events, local vendor or dealer recommendations, KiaStinger.com member sightings, etcetera... In other words, I do NOT want people to need to scour through several different sections to find answers about their heads up display. That's why there's a section dedicated specifically to discussions like that. THANK YOU!
Looking for ways to enhance your Stinger and set it apart from others on the road? Look no further than KDM Warehouse!

DFW dealers

Guardsred997

hi everyone,

I’m new to the forum and am trying to purchase a GT1 or GT2.

Best deals I can find are up in Oklahoma. Basically the two dealers I have spoken to in DFW is that “they can’t touch” the deal given to me in OK.

So the question is: is there a dealer in DFW that gives healthy discounts on the Stinger GT? I have spoken with Southwest Kia, Kia of Plano and Classic Kia. All couldn’t even get within 3K of the deals out of town.

Also, where all do you have your cars serviced? I am coming from a Porsche Cayenne S, which is a nice but also expensive service experience. Who is generally the best with techs for the Stinger?

Thanks, I appreciate the responses.

David

Johnnyfive

Ft. Worth, Texas
Can't help you with a purchase deal, but I had bad luck with Moritz Kia's service center to the tune of damaged rocker panels, nails in their parking lot, scratches on my wheels, just to name a few.

I've only been to Patterson Kia once, but was a better experience. I know a few of the Texas Stinger Swarm from the DFW area go there.

Aarvix

Stinger Enthusiast
North TX
Check out Bob Utter Kia in Sherman.

Moritz in Hurst had a bunch of stingers and almost got to the price I wanted, maybe they'll be more motivated at the end of the month.

Central Kia of Plano was the epitome of the car sales stereotype, I will never go back.

Tried to solicit a deal online with Classic of Carrollton and I think the internet sales guy just learned to use a computer a week ago. All I got were canned responses, sometimes duplicates, so I gave up on them.

I'm also looking for a good dealer for service in the Plano area (not Central)

itguy61

Stinger Enthusiast
Fort Worth , Texas
Moritz in Hurst has good stock. I have bought three cars there. The salesman I had for the Stinger tried to play games. I would avoid him. Let me know if you need his name.

The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

Guardsred997

Check out Bob Utter Kia in Sherman.

Moritz in Hurst had a bunch of stingers and almost got to the price I wanted, maybe they'll be more motivated at the end of the month.

Central Kia of Plano was the epitome of the car sales stereotype, I will never go back.

Tried to solicit a deal online with Classic of Carrollton and I think the internet sales guy just learned to use a computer a week ago. All I got were canned responses, sometimes duplicates, so I gave up on them.

I'm also looking for a good dealer for service in the Plano area (not Central)

I too found Central Kia of Plano to be a waste of time. Kia of Rockwall said flat out they couldn't match the price, and so far Classic in Carrollton has said the same thing. I will reach out to Bob Utter and see what they can do. Thanks!

I am also wondering if any of the dealers in the area give complimentary loan cars for service. Coming from a luxury german car, I know the dealer experience is going to be.....different.

Aarvix

Stinger Enthusiast
North TX
Yeah, Moritz's first "offer" was just sticker with a list of payment amounts based on financing term.

It took about three rounds of "let me talk to my manager" (I think they just go play ping pong in the back) to get some real numbers on the paper and an actual dealer discount .

I loathe the car buying game.

itguy61

Stinger Enthusiast
Fort Worth , Texas
They list the cars at a discount on their website. I don't think the prices are so hot right now but they are discounted. Not sure why they would have quoted you list, you must have gotten a dandy of a dishonest salesman.

Jonathan

Bought mine from Moritz Fort Worth. They're one of the few dealers that mods out the Stingers they sell - StingerHaus package in particular.
George Vasquez is a sales manager there.
Not a bad experience other than the finance guy playing games.

Avoid Kia Plano like the plague.

Huffines Kia in McKinney had the most responsive interactions through email.
Taylor Blankership is a contact there.

I serviced my car only at Kia of Carrollton so far for a recall and oil changes. Don't expect Sewell level of service, theyll offer an uber to and from and that's pretty much it.
Took about 90 minutes for an oil change - they said they have Stinger specific techs that can only work on the car.

itguy61

Stinger Enthusiast
Fort Worth , Texas
I had bought two cars from Bart at Moritz Kia but he left. He was very easy to deal with. I got a salesman named Rob Islam and he played games. He said the car was not certified, it was certifiable even though the ad listed it as certified. Wanted to charge me $850 to certify it, I said no way. It was the last day of the month so they were pretty responsive to dealing. And yes, the finance people always play games.

The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

Guardsred997

Got them to go 7250 off of MSRP with 0% on a GT1, plus 3K more than what Ferguson was offering me on my trade. So, they were better than Ferguson by 1.5K or so, and I didn't have to drive four hours each way. Dealt with the New Car Manager mostly- James Curry at Classic in Carrollton. Great deal, and had a pretty smooth experience there.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Stinger? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

jays2000

Congrats on the car!

FWIW, I had a good experience with Huffines in McKinney. My salesperson was Cooper Ellis. Cooper had the vehicle I was interested in pulled up and ready when I arrived, and put exactly zero pressure on the buying process. Finance was a breeze.

I haven't been back yet for service but plan on using them for anything outside routine maintenance.