Defeats

Ozstung

Sustaining Member
Western Sydney.
death in family, the mrs wanted to be apart for awhile, I quit my job, the corona virus, you know, life. but, I did buy a challenger so I can really annoy the neighbors. especially now. heh heh heh!
So the Stingers no more then?

Weareblondi

Stinger Enthusiast
south florida
oh no, not getting rid of the stinger. the mrs is driving it at the moment. she is taking care of her mom since she broke her hip, and that's when she wanted to take some time for herself. the car is still mine, not getting rid of it. i'd get rid of a kidney before that happens. :rofl: challenger is my daily driver for now.

Ecobust

I took a bit of a loss last night. I've been having issues with my jb4, which crapped out and reverted to stock map while racing a charger 392. I was about a car length ahead when it happened so it wasn't as embarrassing as it could have been.

Evinarris

Had a traffic light > traffic light "race" with a Jag F Type today. Had him beat up to 80kph due to traction then he flew past. It was the best sounding defeat i have had. That supercharged v8 in the F-type is wild sounding

MisterMac

1000 Posts Club!
El Paso, TX
Hmm. Stock SRT Jeep is 4.4 0-60, 12.8-12.9 1/4 mile (based on some SRT Jeep forum postings). Slightly slower than a Charger / Challenger SRT. Since we're *THIS* close to a Charger SRT, shouldn't we more or less be able to keep up? I think the Jeep is AWD, which may help it from a dig. From a roll, I think we slowly lose. With jb4, we should win.

Unless of course, Jeep Trackhawk (i.e. Hellcat Jeep with 700+ HP). In that case, the oil companies win :)
For a point of reference, on my stock 2015 SRT Charger the fastest 0-60 I was able to produce using launch control at 4.43 seconds. This was in Scottsdale Arizona on nice, hot, asphalt... They really aren't all that fast, but they sound amazing!

Oryan

Newer(I think?) CLS63. Held up better than I thought I would, and knew what I was getting into, but by the end of it he was walking away. At the next light, said he knew what the Stinger was and was surprised by the fight it put up.

Regs120

Those are usually 12 sec flat stock and they sound mean as hell. If you're modded enough up with meth you could keep up, but def not at a pace where you could do it daily.

Buzzrush

Close to 600hp and almost 600bs of torque, AWD, low to Mid 3s to 60 and over 100k msrp to start....If we're anywhere NEAR it that's pretty damn impressive.

Rob 02

So I’m driving down my local highway yesterday on my way to work, it was about 5:20 AM. I was moving at a nice pace , in the distance I spot a chargers tail lights so I actually start to slow down cause my first thought was cop. Now I’m in the fast lane the charger is in the middle lane I slowly pass him checking out his car making sure it wasn’t a cop. Once I realize it wasn’t I picked up my pace again past him. Well he picked up his pace as well he goes past me and I give chase thinking I’m not losing to a charger. Before I go further let me describe the car all white tinted windows silver wheels weird thing was it wasn’t loud. I’ve raced srt’s before they are loud this one wasn’t. So I’m giving chase and at certain points I get rite on his back bumper, but for the most part he has me by a good 3 car lengths ,we go for a good 1/2 mile before my exit is up I turn off. Now I’m pissed damn got beat by a charger. I have secondary downpipes, muffler delete, and intakes so I’m not stock and I have pushed Srt Challengers when I was stock so I was thinking this isn’t adding up but then I remember when I first passed him I noticed a little black badge on the side of his car. I think to my self wait did I just race a Hellcat yep. Parked my car at my job looked up the hellcat the car I raced had the badge I raced a Hellcat!!! I felt better about the loss after that. Now I don’t know if he had the power turned up all the way cause I have done that myself ie race cars while I’m in comfort. I pushed him though and it was a lot closer than I would have expected going up against a car with 700 hp. Guy had me beat by at least 300 hp. I think to myself would I have raced him if I originally knew he was a Hellcat I don’t know. Time for more mods here I come JB4 lol.Sorry for the long post wanted to set up the story rather than I raced a Hellcat and lost Lol.

falanger

USA
I suffered my worst defeat yet and all I can say is I'm thankful I lost to someone I know and not some random stranger. I had been contemplating giving up my E85 habit so I was out testing map 2 when I came across a neighbor with a tuned Civic type R, putting out about 380 hp to the wheels. Between being much lighter, tuned, and able to shift without lifting, his car is a little monster from a roll. So much of a monster that from 60 he absolutely destroyed me by at least 2-3 cars (typically on map 5 from 60 we're briefly neck and neck then I pull away).

Lesson learned, I'm definitely sticking with E85 and map 5.....

Last edited:

Ozstung

Sustaining Member
Western Sydney.
I suffered my worst defeat yet and all I can say is I'm thankful I lost to someone I know and not some random stranger. I had been contemplating giving up my E85 habit so I was out testing map 2 when I came across a neighbor with a tuned Civic type R, putting out about 380 hp to the wheels. Between being much lighter, tuned, and able to shift without lifting, his car is a little monster from a roll. So much of a monster that from 60 he absolutely destroyed me by at least 2-3 cars (typically on map 5 from 60 we're briefly neck and neck then I pull away).

I wouldn't fret to much you won the only important one. Rolling starts and up and running races don't figure in my books. Its the ones from the green light i count. Just my humble opinion.

Regs120

Just keep at it until his engine explodes. I can't believe a 4 banger at 380 to the wheels can last too long. Is he running corn juice too? Most tunes Ive seen on a Civic Type R can get it to hit low 13's or high 12's with good enough traction on 93.

Last edited:

MerlintheMad

10000 Posts Club!
West Jordan, Y00TAW
I know there is one orange Stinger in the El Paso area who tried his very best to beat me yesterday, but couldn't.
Wrong thread. This is "Defeats." :p Now, if he gets on here, that's different.

MerlintheMad

10000 Posts Club!
West Jordan, Y00TAW
I have a second person defeat anecdote. Chris Farrell, my friend who is an SCCA champion, has a Carrera with 650 HP, lowering suspension and a downforce wing. He told me yesterday that he saw a car like mine. The driver challenged him and they did a rolling start on the freeway, so, the "GO!" was at around 60 MPH. Chris had engaged his sports stuff (wing, bladder to lower the suspension, TSC OFF). He took off and stopped accelerating a few seconds later at over 120 MPH, and coasted to let the Stinger catch up. The driver just shook his head and grinned ruefully. He really had no clue what he was letting himself in for. :D
friends Chris Farrell2.jpg