Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Dealer being scummy?

Discussion in 'How to Buy a Kia Stinger' started by Bugout, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Bugout

Bugout United States Member

Hi Everyone.

I negotiated at GT2 down to 45830 cash (plus tax, tags & fees).

I then told the guy I wanted to lease to take advantage of the 7700 lease cash. (So I could do the buyout) and this is what he said:

"It's $7700 off of the Lease price not the retail price hence $4k additional disc from the $45800 figure."

I told him that was incorrect and to please verify. He replied with:

"The 45830 is selling price on retail, the 7700 is discount from list price & prob a little more than that from us totally sale price for LEASE only at the 41,800 figure." (typos and spelling/grammar errors are his)

So if I lease he's telling me I only get another 4k off, not 7700 like it says very clearly on Kias site.

Thoughts?

2. Ucinn

Ucinn United States Stinger Enthusiast Sustaining Member

That would be correct if he's giving you the loyalty/conquest rebate on purchase because that doesn't come with the lease rebate and the difference is around 4-5K

3. Bugout

I'm not getting either one, so it sounds like he's scamming kia with a fake loyalty or conquest rebate.

He asked the "what cars do you currently have registered in your name" question and I told him "None".

4. Ucinn

That was just my guess.. it could also be the financing cash. You also get 2k if you use KFM 2.9% financing.

5. Bugout

All negotiations were under the assumption that I was paying cash. I have the whole email chain.

6. Ucinn

Then I stand corrected.. I guess they aren't willing to negotiate that much with a lease.

7. Bugout

Why would it make a difference to them? The 7700 comes back to them from Kia.

8. Ucinn

I'm assuming you would have to ask them.... or go to another dealer to get what you want.

Draft saved Draft deleted