Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

dba Brake Rotors

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels, Tires Discussion' started by Stinger GT SS, Jan 4, 2018.

1. Stinger GT SS

Stinger GT SS Australia 2500 Posts Club!

I know it’s early days for all of us, some of you don’t even have their Stingers yet but I was just wondering who will change out the brake rotors for eg. dba slotted/drilled. I personally always change out OE rotors at 40k with dba T2 street series - slotted only, they give good hi temp. resistance & pad life is increased as slots allow easy degassing under hi brake loads with overall good performance & rotor life results.
    I also note on AU dba product guide that they have already added Stinger in the Kia selection band but no items available as yet.

2. Stinger GT SS

Due to the overwhelming response to my above question I just wanted to keep you all up to date on the progress of this subject. I sent an email to dba asking when the T2 Street Series Rotors, front & rear for the Stinger will become available & the response was “they will be looking into the full range for the Stinger later this year,” encouraging news for those of you waiting anxiously to do a change out in the future.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Johnnyfive

Johnnyfive United States Active Member

Thanks for keeping us posted!

4. STINGER

STINGER Bahrain Active Member

I hope they make larger rotors with an aluminium hat using the stock calipers with an extension bracket. With that you get better braking and better looks and don't have to upgrade to a whole brake system which will cost a lot.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Stinger GT SS

Just to update you all, I did a follow up email to dba today on the T2 Street Series & 4000 Series T3 Rotors & the response from National Operations was as follows:
    “It is in our system to be added to our lines, but no late update on ETA”.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Aquadog

Aquadog United States Active Member

Well seems like this road or BS is worldwide this is going to get interesting .

7. basysmith

basysmith Australia Member

Any updates?

8. Aquadog

Aquadog United States Active Member

Brought my GT 2 In for an oil change mentioned that the brakes seem like they were pulsating every now and then. No questions asked they change the rotors and the pads.
    11,000 miles .

• Like Like x 2
  9. ScottM

ScottM United States Active Member

:rofl::rofl::rofl::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Sounds like something I would do.

In all seriousness though, upgrade to the breaks will be something that I'll probably do this year. Not that I race or any of that...but I think solid brakes are importante.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. bal

bal United States Member

I have WP Pro drilled and sun-cut front and rears, couldn't be happier (although they are $2000 USD+ for a set). The Kia tech that did my motor swap said his #1 upgrade would be rotors because the stock ones are a terrible match with the Brembos.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Stinger GT SS

Not yet, but I will send an email again to see where they are at, keep you posted.

• Like Like x 1
  12. oddball

oddball United States Member

dba is good stuff. I'd love to have them as an option on this platform!

13. Stinger GT SS

Certainly is good quality & price also, I always change OE out to dba on my cars, I sent an email yesterday afternoon so hopefully will have a response early next week.

14. MerlintheMad

MerlintheMad United States 5000 Posts Club!

The OEM brakes are already solid. They are by magnitudes the best brakes I've ever had. However, I want to upgrade too. Something about track spec brakes engages my need to have a higher performing car than is necessary for just road driving. I've read on here and seen videos of driving the Stinger on a track: how the brakes after a few laps can start to fade. Now, this isn't going to happen on the open road, so why pay any mind to OEM brakes fading on a track? Because I want to know that my Stinger could go lap after lap, should I ever be so inclined to avail myself of a day at a track. It's like opting for UHP summer tires (or A/S for that matter), instead of HP tires or even less. I want my Stinger to be equipped with overkill performance tires (aka UHP, of course:p); and overkill performance brakes. But I can wait for the brakes (I think) until they are worn enough to need replacing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. oddball

oddball United States Member

[QUOTE="MerlintheMad, post: 165210, member: 3752" Something about track spec brakes engages my need to have a higher performing car than is necessary for just road driving. [/QUOTE]

Here's the thing. "Track" brakes don't work until they're hot. Look at the compound guides from the companies that make ranges of stuff, like Hawk and EBC. We just need something that's less likely to leave uneven deposits. I generally go for Akebono's ceramic on daily drivers, maybe a Hawk HPS on something where I want a little more bite.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. Stinger GT SS

Ok I just got a reply from dba National Operations & they state as follows:

“At present, still not available, on either normal or Brembo set ups. It is a involved process to get any new lines on the shelf and we are still working on the Stingers, sorry.”

So the wait continues.

Draft saved Draft deleted