Damaged Rear Tire - Replace Rears or All?

Calsonicgtr

Newish Member
So I ran over a bolt on the highway at some point. Rear tire is still holding pressure but its too close to the sidewall to be repaired. Trying to decide between these two options

1: Replace rear tires with two new PS4S for about $640
2: Replace all four tires with Michelin PS AS3+ for about $880

Right now, the front tires are at 7/32". I was planning on going to the AS3+ anyway when the summers run out, as Colorado weather can be extremely variable from hour to hour in the fall and spring. My Stinger is a daily driver and doesnt see anything like the track. Any reason not to just spring for all four right now?

MerlintheMad

10000 Posts Club!
West Jordan, Y00TAW
Money and aesthetics (hate waste). As long as the "old" tire isn't well into the final half of treadlife, I see no reason why replacing one tire is a problem, speaking from a handling/safety point of view.

CeramicGT001

Maryland
So I ran over a bolt on the highway at some point. Rear tire is still holding pressure but its too close to the sidewall to be repaired. Trying to decide between these two options

1: Replace rear tires with two new PS4S for about $640
2: Replace all four tires with Michelin PS AS3+ for about $880

Right now, the front tires are at 7/32". I was planning on going to the AS3+ anyway when the summers run out, as Colorado weather can be extremely variable from hour to hour in the fall and spring. My Stinger is a daily driver and doesnt see anything like the track. Any reason not to just spring for all four right now?
If it’s too low to just replace one tire like I did when I had 5k miles on the car, I would just go with the all seasons all around.

Last edited: