Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Custom JUN BL EVC

Discussion in 'Engine, Drivetrain, and Exhaust Discussion' started by STINGER, Dec 9, 2018.

1. STINGER

STINGER Bahrain Stinger Enthusiast

I wanted an EVC exhaust that offered the best of both worlds, very quiet when I want it to and the least restriction when on the loud setting. The one that offered the quietest sound was the JUN BL EVC from all the videos and reviews I have seen, but didn't offer the best performance and sound when on the open setting.

Main reason for that is that it still retained a muffler on the open setting and the main pipe dia is 60.5mm then branches to 54mm for both pipes including the valve which is 54mm, so ultimately in the open mode you are running a 54mm exhaust, any back pressure will have to flow through the restrictive muffler for the quiet mode. I checked with several suppliers but non were willing to assist in checking with JUN if a change was possible. Finally got in touch with JUN BL directly and convinced them to do it, the big muffler for the quiet mode is still retained, however for the open mode the canister is deleted and the pipe in open mode is a full 60.5mm including the valve.

Can't wait to get it installed, waiting on the NGT primaries to arrive.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Adamdan

Adamdan Canada Stinger Enthusiast

That’s amazing they made that for you. I have the Jun evc and jun downpipes. I love it, when valves are closed it’s quiter then stock even with downpipes. I would not want it any louder myself with valves open. The stinger is loud below 2000rpms with any load in the cabin. I love having the option to shut the valves money well spent. Looking forward to hearing how you like it.

Edit I wonder if by loosing that second muffler yours will be louder with valves closed. I though that second muffler acted as a anti drone tube.

3. STINGER

I can't wait as well, it will be very loud, probably drone like hell but I am looking at the performance side only when the valve is open, there is a slight weight saving as well due to not having the canister. It should sound the same with the valves closed, because everything will be diverted to the big muffler much like the normal EVC.

4. Adamdan

Even if it’s a bit louder I’m sure it will be plenty quite with valves closed. Mine is so quite with valves closed. I hope it get some a little louder once the mufflers break in. I had my car on the dyno right after it was installed. It was on a low reading mustang dyno and it made a extra 15whp when valves open.

5. CoconutRob

CoconutRob United States Stinger Enthusiast

Very nice. I don't know why they were not doing this from the beginning, I would have to guess sound level not as quiet in closed state. Honestly I would be fine with that. Can you post a clip when installation is completed?

6. STINGER

Will do.

I was saying the same as well, but after dealing with them I came to know the reason. The law in Korea is that you have to have a muffler in the back before the exit, any straight pipes will not pass inspection and will result in a hefty penalty on JUN for selling it. The only reason they accepted doing it for me is because it was going overseas.

7. Adamdan

Was it a lot more money getting the custom evc?

8. STINGER

Almost $300 more.

9. robz32

robz32 United States 2500 Posts Club! Authorized Vendor Texas Stinger Swarm

10. Adamdan

That’s not bad at all.

11. KLR STINGER

KLR STINGER Canada Active Member

That's going to be insanely loud with primaries an raspy and rattle sounds like crazy. I've been fighting terrible rasp rattle with the car since putting on the primary catless dps. There is strong resonance 1500-2100 that really causes the whole exhaust to vibrate and rattle. I've just added xforce varex mufflers, and it helps alot when closed, but the resonance is still there. I'm going to add a h pipe crossover on the Jun BL mid pipes as well as a few short vibrant resonators on the midpipe to see if that takes it out.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Adamdan

I had the rattle rasp with jun downpipes and oem catback. Adding the evc stopped it 100% I think having the resonated x pipe stopped it. He might still have that problem with primaries taken out. That’s why I’m keeping mine in. The rattle sounds bad.

13. KLR STINGER

I didn't have it with Jun BL and Magnaflow CBe. Only with the addition of the primaries. Making some additional changes the Friday and I'll report back

14. STINGER

It will be very difficult to completely get rid of the rasp with the catless primaries, the problem is the rasp occurs at the beginning closer to the turbo, so adding anything midway or after in the exhaust system makes little difference in reducing the rasp, best way is to add HFC's as close to the turbo as possible.

I am personally not worried how it sounds with the valves open, however if I do get rasp with the valves closed (which I am expecting a little) and if it is more than what I like then I will be adding HFC's in the midpipe, right after the primaries.

Whats your exhaust setup?

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
  15. KLR STINGER

Thats my Exact plan. My current setup is

Lap3 Primary
    Jun Bl Secondary
    Magnaflow mid section ( X pipe + Dual resonator)
    Xforce Varex Mufflers with Smart Box controller

This friday I'm going to redo the mid section by adding H Pipe to the Jun BL, then V bands to magnaflow 11386 dual in/out X muffler. If That does not do it, then 4" HFC's will be welded into the Jun Bl at the mounting flange to the primaries. I love the performance of the primaries, but the rattle is driving me crazy.

16. STINGER

Sounds like a plan, all the best. Let us know how it goes.

Try to get some pics while your down there. Would be nice to see your setup.

Any particular hfc in mind?

17. KLR STINGER

Looking at the Yonaka Metal core ultra high flow. There are still 200 CPSI, but they have the shortest body and overall length and would fit the space the best I think. Haven really found a reasonably priced 100 CPSI unit yet, so lmk if you have some suggestions.

18. STINGER

I know HJS and GESI are the best but they are around 450 - 600 each. If I have to buy HFC's I will do some research and read reviews to see if I can find something more reasonable in price. I wouldn't go less than 200 CPSI though.

19. STINGER

Some 2.5" HFC prices,

HJS - Dia 5" - Length 12.8" - 200 cell - $520
    Gesi - Dia 4" - Length 7" - 300 cell - $478
    Magnaflow - Dia 4" - Length 11" - 200 cell - $115
    Flowmaster - Dia 4" - Length 8" - 200 cell - 86$
    Yonaka - Dia 3.75" - Length 8.25" - 200 cell - $85

Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
  20. KLR STINGER

Did my custom mid pipe with h crossover on the Jun BL back to Magnaflow x muffler then to dual varex mufflers. The new mid pipe 100 % solved the rattle/rasp. Sounds amazing now, just as I'd hoped. No need to add cats back now

Draft saved Draft deleted