kia stinger store

3.3TT Cquence rotors or R1 Concepts rotors?

R1concepts or Cquence drilled & slotted rotors?

• R1concepts

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Cquence

Votes: 15 75.0%

• Total voters

StungBlueGT2

Sustaining Member
PB Florida, U.S.A.
Anyone else with more feedback? Looks like 4/4 chose Cquence so far and has me leaning that way.

dj NIMBUS

I am a Lexus owner,... RC350 F sport. I bought some Cquence x-drilled / slotted rotors, ceramic pads.... and squeaked from day one. I changed pads.... still squeaked. I had two different installers for that. So, then I had a second set sent,... got a 3rd manufacturer of pads, 3rd installer that is a high end brake shop here,... same thing!!! I'm almost beginning to believe Cquence have a bad design. I refuse to believe 2 sets of rotors, 3 sets of pads, and 3 different installers can all achieve the same results... that's nuts! I am looking at R1 concepts to replace them before ultimately having to go back to stock ( 2 piece up front, 1 piece in rear ). Any of you have issues with noise with either of your purchases??

Johnny B

R1 Concepts Geomet cross drilled and slotted rotors using OEM pads all around. Much better than stock. No squeak at all.

dj NIMBUS

Are your OEM semi metallic? Lexus are super dusty, so I have traditionally used ceramic. This is first of 4 cars with this setup to be a problem... but also first time using Cquence

kia stinger badges
Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Stinger? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

itguy61

Stinger Enthusiast
Fort Worth , Texas
R1 Concepts Geomet cross drilled and slotted rotors using OEM pads all around. Much better than stock. No squeak at all.

Are you aware that your are putting those nice rotors at risk for deposits and possibly cementite deposits to form with the stock pads? You might be well severed to put some aftermarket pads on, especially in the front.

new kia badge emblem logo
The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

StungBlueGT2

Sustaining Member
PB Florida, U.S.A.
I am a Lexus owner,... RC350 F sport. I bought some Cquence x-drilled / slotted rotors, ceramic pads.... and squeaked from day one. I changed pads.... still squeaked. I had two different installers for that. So, then I had a second set sent,... got a 3rd manufacturer of pads, 3rd installer that is a high end brake shop here,... same thing!!! I'm almost beginning to believe Cquence have a bad design. I refuse to believe 2 sets of rotors, 3 sets of pads, and 3 different installers can all achieve the same results... that's nuts! I am looking at R1 concepts to replace them before ultimately having to go back to stock ( 2 piece up front, 1 piece in rear ). Any of you have issues with noise with either of your purchases??
I went with the Akebono Performance Ultra Premium Ceramic pads(Akebono PERFORMANCE Ultra-Premium Ceramic Pads) and they completely eliminated my shutter/brake deposits, but they did squeak initially. I learned that performance pads and even ceramic pads will squeak unless used with occasional moderate/heavy braking. As soon as I began adding one or two heavier braking sessions during my drives it went away.

I highly doubt it’s the rotors causing squeaking and most likely the pads themselves, especially if they are higher performance pads.

davkiz

I went with the Akebono Performance Ultra Premium Ceramic pads(Akebono PERFORMANCE Ultra-Premium Ceramic Pads) and they completely eliminated my shutter/brake deposits, but they did squeak initially. I learned that performance pads and even ceramic pads will squeak unless used with occasional moderate/heavy braking. As soon as I began adding one or two heavier braking sessions during my drives it went away.

I highly doubt it’s the rotors causing squeaking and most likely the pads themselves, especially if they are higher performance pads.
Did you change out your rotors? Or are you still running OEM? Did you have your stock rotors turned?

StungBlueGT2

Sustaining Member
PB Florida, U.S.A.
Did you change out your rotors? Or are you still running OEM? Did you have your stock rotors turned?
Both. I’m still running OEM rotors, but had them resurfaced twice, then completely replaced by Kia and then resurfaced again so I gave up on the stock pads. They are definitely the problem and once I upgraded the front pads with the Akebonos my shuttering and pad deposits completely went away.

G

G-971740

Uuuuugh. My head throbs every time someone says "wrapped rotors" that's not a thing! Built and ACTUALLY raced cars for 20 years. The rotors have deposits on them, there it no argument to be made for warped rotors. It a myth

Stinger Nash

Newish Member
Not sure which ones we got on the group buy, I think it was the performance. I did get crossed drilled and slotted.

Here are some photos.
5fFDIY8.jpg

QGnb3p0.jpg

9XuYxnX.jpg
Hello, I was curious where you ordered the brake lines from? I am having trouble finding the rears. Thank you in advance

new kia badge emblem logo
The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...