Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Coming from a Focus RS, 2018 GT AWD

Discussion in 'Community Lounge' started by RLam, Jul 10, 2018.

1. RLam

RLam United States Newish Member

Hey all!

I've been lurking for a while, but decided to join just a few days ago. Traded in my 2017 Focus RS back in February for my Micro Blue GT AWD. Loving the car so far, and have reached my limit as far a modifying it. Tinted/Lowered/Wheels. Hope to learn a lot more about the car and interact with everyone!

36912326_10212669820081198_3730787590362628096_n.jpg

• Like Like x 18
  2. DiabloStinger

DiabloStinger United States Active Member

Nice choice of wheels!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. robz32

robz32 United States Stinger Enthusiast Staff Member Moderator

Welcome aboard and congratulations!
    Excellent choice on both, the mods and the car:thumbup:

• Like Like x 1
  4. RLam

Thanks Diablo & rob. My buddy is a Senior manager at Discount and he bent over backwards for me to grab these and the tires at a good price.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Kamauxx

Kamauxx United States 1000 Posts Club!

Looking good. Congrats!

• Like Like x 1
  6. bumble bee

bumble bee United States Stinger Enthusiast Sustaining Member

Your ride looks pretty sweet. Welcome!

• Like Like x 1
  7. mfox

mfox Canada Member

Nice!

• Like Like x 1
  8. jrhodes87

jrhodes87 United States Active Member

What are those wheels, they look like they match the black chrome trim pretty well

9. RLam

Verde V99 Axis 20x9 +38 in gloss bronze all around

10. StingerGT68

StingerGT68 Stinger Enthusiast

Congrats! Love the RS, never drove one but I just really like the styling and the whole "tiny car with a ton of horsepower" concept!

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Kia Stinger

Kia Stinger United States Administrator Staff Member

Welcome aboard! And thank you for signing up. Congratulations on your brand new Stinger GT! Nice upgrade!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Kazz

Kazz United States Stinger Enthusiast

Great looking ride! And you've made quite a change. As someone who's used to smaller, handles-like-a-knife, fast cars myself, I'm interested in hearing your comparisons and impressions.

Enjoy and congrats!

• Like Like x 1
  13. RLam

I loved the RS. I wanted to love it more, but I had so many headaches with my two RSes. Yep. two. The first was a 2016 That had the infamous trans/PTU leak. It eventually ended up in the shop for 49 days the first six months I owned it, having received new PTU, Transmission and an axle. Ford accepted my Lemon Law claim and gave me a brand new 2017 for a minor mileage fee. Fast forward a few miles and the headgasket recall gets released. The car spent another week in the shop. After reading the horror stories of people's issues even after replacement of head gasket, I said f*** it and went to the Kia dealer to see what the Stinger was about.

BUT...

The car the RS was when it wasn't in the shop was AMAZING. Fun, practical, optioned decently, and a monster on the track out of the box. The only thing it needed was more suspension adjustabillity from the factory and a better exhaust note.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Kazz

What a horror story. And I'm so sorry you had to give that kind of a ride up. I certainly hope you don't have any regrets after owning your Stinger for a couple of years. Will you still be tracking a car? the Stinger?

15. Waynerm002

Waynerm002 Mongolia Stinger Enthusiast

Congrats on the Stinger! The more I see that Micro Blue, the more it’s growing on me. Nice mods too!

• Like Like x 1
  16. RLam

I gave up a great car for a great car in my opinion. Life goes on! As far as regrets with the stinger, I doubt I will have regrets. It's so nice having such a comfortable car that can travel well and still be fun/attractive/fast.

I was going to pick up a hail damaged 06' GTi from a friend to make a track car, but I couldn't swing it in time before he had to sell for financial reasons. Otherwise he has an SRT4 that I will be splitting seat time with him in, for half of the track day expenses and some free labor from me of course haha.

I see you have some track worthy cars. Do you get out there much?

17. Stinger GT SS

Stinger GT SS Australia Stinger Enthusiast

G’day & welcome to the forum & owners club @RLam, it’s a great ride, had mine 7 months trouble free motoring.
    As stated above I also love the wheels you fitted matches & works with this car & your colour choice, well done.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Weareblondi

Weareblondi United States Stinger Enthusiast Staff Member Moderator

welcome to the forum and congrats on your stinger. mrs was eyeballing an rs, being that she is a ford fan, but she couldn't get over the fact that the interior was a little on the boy racer side. she is tiny, and the seats weren't her fave. she was either in the seat or out of the car, had trouble getting over the bolsters.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Kazz

I used to autocross quite a bit. I didn't trailer the Evo and the 4hr round trip finally got to my excitement level about going in the first place. LOL

I've yet to hit a track apart from instruction (Bondurant, ST Octane Academy), but have talked about it for years. The Evo's getting taken out of storage tomorrow and prepped for sale, unfortunately, or it'd likely be the candidate. I'm on the 18" all-seasons on the Stinger, so nothing's happening until I get summer wheels and tires. I should have these all-seasons eaten up by this time next year, I think. That's when I'll start getting serious about performance/handling.

I'm hoping to finalize a plan on exhaust after the Chicago Stingerfest, where I should be able to compare a number of exhausts.

Oh! And one car that's no longer on my list is the one I traded in for the Stinger, a 2016 Fiesta ST. Took it out to the ST Octane Academy I mentioned above and everything. Fun car! I just heard the person who bought it wrecked it, unfortunately.

Anyway, enjoy and keep us posted on your experiences!

• Like Like x 1
  20. ballistic

ballistic United States Active Member Founding Member Sustaining Member

that sounds like a love/hate relationship. I know all about those. so far so good with the stinger?

Draft saved Draft deleted