kia stinger store

3.3TT Cold air intake install

SDbeaches

New to the fourm, sorry if this has been asked before. Just point me in the right direction if that's the case.

Looking to install a cold air intake on my 2018 gt2. SSR was recommended by a friend of mine but I can't find that online. So my question is what is the best kit? And how involved is the install?

ecko04

Stinger Enthusiast
New to the fourm, sorry if this has been asked before. Just point me in the right direction if that's the case.

Looking to install a cold air intake on my 2018 gt2. SSR was recommended by a friend of mine but I can't find that online. So my question is what is the best kit? And how involved is the install?
Welcome!

SSR makes good stuff but they ended Stinger development some time ago. Any products you find for the Stinger will be used.

Checkout the link below for intake comparisons.

Last edited:

ChaneRZ

BMS is super easy to install and less hardwares. It retains the lower factory airbox too.

Rynil2000

Cumming, GA
I can vouch for the AEM kit. The install was easy; only took about an hour and came with detailed instructions. K&N should be very similar since they are the same company.

rpoffen

California
The main thing that turns me off on the open CAI is in California, when we have bi-annual smog inspection, they will likely fail the visual part. I had one on my '98 Mustang Cobra, and I had to remove it every time I needed a smog check. Can't tell them that it has nothin g to do with emissions, the techs are just drones that have to see all the factory stuff in place.

ChaneRZ

Unfortunately, no CARB intakes approved yet. This is a new car so 8 more years to do a smog check. I can live with that.

ecko04

Stinger Enthusiast
I won’t tell anyone what to get but I’d say to do your research. Some intakes have a better fit and finish than others. I recently replaced my Stillen for this reason. I know some people who think the same about their BMS. Just do your research and choose what works best. There’s little difference between the function of the systems.