kia stinger store

coasting question

Philar

Newish Member
Burnaby, BC
Hi all,

Not sure if this is the right area for this, but I had a question about coasting...

I noticed when I coast my avg L/100km bar goes all the up to 30.. and my avg at the end of the drive is way higher then being in stop and go traffic... When I'm barley pressing the gas and hold it, it goes all the way down to under 10..

For example
This morning I drove to work in no traffic, avg speed was 80 km. at the end the trip it was 9.8 L/100km
On my way home in traffic constantly stopping at every light.. it was 6.2 L / 100 KM

Does anyone know why?

Grump

Ontario, Canada
I didn't think Canadian stingers came with "coasting" mode. Does it say "coasting" in the cluster when you let off the gas?

Normally when you let off the gas the motor keeps running on a vacuum and doesnt use fuel. Mine definitely drops to 0 when I let off the throttle.

If you do have "coasting" mode, maybe its dropping to neutral but your throttle position sensor is f&*%ed and its dumping fuel. Neutral+any amount of fuel=infinite L/100km. Once you apply throttle it pops out of neutral and goes back to normal, but since theres no load you get good L/100km.

What mode are you in? Not that it should matter.

This seems very strange and I would have a mechanic look at it.

Philar

Newish Member
Burnaby, BC
Sorry I should have specified, by coasting i mean yea letting go of the gas pedal and just letting the car go.
When I let go of the trottle it goes up to 30 and I just see the average climb up

I'm in ECO mode.

5tinger

Does the bar go up for like a second and then come right down when you coast? Or does it stay up the entire time your coasting with foot of gas car rolling?

Philar

Newish Member
Burnaby, BC
Does the bar go up for like a second and then come right down when you coast? Or does it stay up the entire time your coasting with foot of gas car rolling?
It stays up there the whole time.

Does the type of gas matter? Wasn't happening before until I went to the dealer and they have me a full tank of gas when I went in for my detailing and stuff.

Philar

Newish Member
Burnaby, BC
Update:
Tried different modes even at 50 + km.. as soon I let off the gas it spikes up to 30 on the bar and stays that way.. I asked the dealer they said they out regular 87.. could that be why? I usually out 91

vipeboy2000

Middle Tennessee
ah..i think the fuel consumption meter must have been in US mode.. since we don't use Liters/100km and use Miles/Gallon mpg the number will jump up when coasting.. rather than go to 0.
In your case it seems to have been stuck in km/liter perhaps since the numbers were so low..

Edit:
yep, it can be set to km/L
1623931046510.png