• PLEASE! It is VERY important that this area is not used for the discussion of technical issues with your Stinger. This section is for posting about regional-specific things like Stinger clubs, events, local vendor or dealer recommendations, KiaStinger.com member sightings, etcetera... In other words, I do NOT want people to need to scour through several different sections to find answers about their heads up display. That's why there's a section dedicated specifically to discussions like that. THANK YOU!
kia stinger store

Climate control default setting?

GregS

Each time I power up my missile, the climate control reverts to 22.5c, I would like it to hold at 21.5, looked at the manual and searched the forum, can't find any mention of this?

ShannonC

2500 Posts Club!
Seems odd, mine stays as set on both zones.

GregS

Have not been driving much because of COVID, but yes my climate control setting keep reverting to 22.5 when the car us restarted the next day, this is really odd because I presume this is all software controlled and the software should be the same in all the MY21's???

vipeboy2000

Stinger Enthusiast
Middle Tennessee
hmm.. that is odd, almost like something is resetting the computer.. mine also stays the same temp as previous shutdown.. has never reverted to a different temp or setting. Mine is a 2020 US model so pre facelift but i wouldn't think the climate control system changed much..

D.J.

Have not been driving much because of COVID, but yes my climate control setting keep reverting to 22.5 when the car us restarted the next day, this is really odd because I presume this is all software controlled and the software should be the same in all the MY21's???
How are you starting the car?

KIA UVO app? - the app has temperature presets that are user selectable.
Remote starter Keyfob?
Push to start button on dash?

new kia badge emblem logo
The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

GregS

How are you starting the car?

KIA UVO app? - the app has temperature presets that are user selectable.
Remote starter Keyfob?
Push to start button on dash?

50/50 Push button/Key fob, we don't have UVO in Oz.

I'll pay attention to see if one works and the other doesn't.

n8hegr8

Each time I power up my missile, the climate control reverts to 22.5c, I would like it to hold at 21.5, looked at the manual and searched the forum, can't find any mention of this?
manual says to keep it on 73f / 22c auto, something to insure it maintains proper moisture inside cabin...its somewhere in the manual.
if you're remote starting, then it will use whatever temperature you have set in the UVO app.

GregS

manual says to keep it on 73f / 22c auto, something to insure it maintains proper moisture inside cabin...its somewhere in the manual.
if you're remote starting, then it will use whatever temperature you have set in the UVO app.
No UVO in Oz.

5tinger

The issue with Auto is that the A/C always engages even when it's not necessary. Continues A/C use will lead to mold in the evaporator coils. Unless your switching off the AC and drawing outside air for a few minutes before shut off.

Last edited:

JamesNoBrakes

North
The issue with Auto is that the A/C always engages even when it's not necessary. Continues A/C use will lead to mold in the evaporator coils. Unless your switching off the AC and drawing outside air for a few minutes before shut off.
Are you cereal?

The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

GregS

Ok, so I have been paying attention and confirmed now that if I use the Start Button in the car, the climate control temperature does not move from when the car was turned off, BUT if I use the Fob key to remote start the car, the Climate Control temperature changes to 23c !

So is this set-able, or turn off-able?

D.J.

Ok, so I have been paying attention and confirmed now that if I use the Start Button in the car, the climate control temperature does not move from when the car was turned off, BUT if I use the Fob key to remote start the car, the Climate Control temperature changes to 23c !

I hope so, but I have never read about that...

Since I use the UVO app in Canada, never been an issue since I can setamy options in there.

Hopefully someone knows the technique to set it how you want it.

vipeboy2000

Stinger Enthusiast
Middle Tennessee

I don't have it so i can't test, however i feel like i've seen videos on the remote start that if you set the temperature to a manual temp and fan setting before shutting the car off before a remote start it'll remember that rather than leaving it in auto which changes it to the default 23c?

JSolo

Stinger Enthusiast
Chicago
This is my first car in 30+ years of driving with remote start. I'm still not keen on the idea of starting a car with no driver present. Isn't 23C a relatively comfortable temperature?

GregS

I thought I would try setting the Climate Control to my desired temperature and turn the car off with the key fob, didn't work.

I have found this where KIA is telling you that you should set the temperature to HERE

"For your convenience and to improve the effectiveness of the climate control, use the AUTO button and set the temperature to 23°C (73°F)."

Continuing my research.

kia stinger badges
Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Stinger? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

JSolo

Stinger Enthusiast
Chicago
What happens if you set it to 20C or 30C then press auto and shut the car off?

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
This is my first car in 30+ years of driving with remote start. I'm still not keen on the idea of starting a car with no driver present. Isn't 23C a relatively comfortable temperature?
It's the same as c. 73F, which according to the manual is the setting that the AC works best at in Auto. I set the AC at 73F when it is low 60s or cooler outside: and 79F when it is warmer than that outside. When the temperature is in this mid/mild range, I often just turn the whole AC system OFF.