kia stinger store

Chipbox by Seletron

Terry@BMS

Authorized Vendor
It's just another 2 channel junk-box like RaceChip, VR, AFE, and Uncle.

RUFFSTUFF

Stinger Enthusiast
Jacksonville Area
I saw some joker trying to sell them on Facebook Marketplace for almost $600. Nice.

Kamauxx

2500 Posts Club!
Also, why is RaceChip bad?
RaceChip isn't bad. It just isn't as advanced or customizable as JB4s. It also doesn't seem to get updates. I think it also costs more than a JB4 w/BT. JB4 has the added benefit of having Terry around the forums (even though he can be quite unprofessional, as shown above). As long as JB4s are being produced it just doesn't make any sense to buy a RaceChip.

Last edited:

OriginalRobby

Thanks... the reason ChipBox got my atetntion is because I got a reply from them claiming the stock plugs would not need to be replaced... the gain is 45 hp / 80 NM, still well over the 400HP mark so I am not sure they really know what they stating or if I can trust them...I would not want issues with the coils or whatever else that could go wrong from misfires or whatever else...

Terry@BMS

Authorized Vendor
Thanks... the reason ChipBox got my atetntion is because I got a reply from them claiming the stock plugs would not need to be replaced... the gain is 45 hp / 80 NM, still well over the 400HP mark so I am not sure they really know what they stating or if I can trust them...I would not want issues with the coils or whatever else that could go wrong from misfires or whatever else...

Sounds like bullshit to me. Just ask all the early RaceChip box buyers who ended up smoking plugs and coils because "it was fine for stock plugs" lol.

JB4 is the only tuning box anyone should be seriously considering for the platform. It can do as much or as little as you want.

If the reason you're interested in the ChipBox is because they claim you don't need to change your spark plugs, you really should do some more research. The OEM spark plug gap size can be problematic at stock power levels, depending on the grade of gas that's available to you. It should be considered mandatory to at least reduce the gap size if doing any tuning, no matter what the company says. Changing the plugs isn't hard, and shouldn't be the stopping point of who you choose to go with tuning wise.

ChaneRZ

Stinger Enthusiast
Spark plugs change is a must! Go to a shop to do it for you. Cheapbox lol.

nhcowboy28

2500 Posts Club!
Alpharetta, GA
If you are worried about changing plugs... you shouldn’t be adding anything to your car.

enjoy it stock.

monusa

If you are worried about changing plugs... you shouldn’t be adding anything to your car.

enjoy it stock
I know this has been jumped on many times but I will say it once more......2.0 may not be a "GT" but changing those plugs aren't even up for discussion..... ~20 mins old out, new in....add another 10 to include gapping the new plugs...;)

Jokes aside, i agree with "nhcowboy28", if you are "squeamish" about the plug change, then best to leave well enough alone unless taking it to a shop.

"scared money don't make money".....:thumbup:

OriginalRobby

Thanks everyone, that's what I figured, I'll need to swap out the plugs but will just take to a shop at some point. Also sounds like JB4 is the way to go.

OriginalRobby

Unless, I can find someone in the Greater Toronto Area that is willing to do this for me and I will pay well for a job well done... I probably could do it myself but I'm not comfortable.