kia stinger store

chin spoiler replacement

RonNSoCal

Newbury Park, CA
I hit a high curb in the front while parking and upon backing up, half tore the front chin covering off. I was able to peel it the rest of the way off using a pry tool. While not damaged badly, it is now a little tweaked. I am wondering if this piece can be put back on or whether I should buy a new one. I have seen the part for under $25, so it is not like it is a big deal to buy a new one. But the original part still looks like it might work since the tabs are not broken. Still, I am wondering if the slight warping would keep it from fitting snugly or staying put if reinstalled. Anyone have any experience with this issue? While something I could probably do myself, due to current physical problems I will take it to my mechanic to put on his lift and take care of it for me when I get my next oil change.

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
I have experience "kissing" a high curb (The Curbinator, here, hah); but my repair involved only under surface of the RF bumper cover. I have seldom been more pissed in my life (and this was almost three years ago).

I would put on new, if it were my car.
DSC07734.JPG

RonNSoCal

Newbury Park, CA
It is sad that having driven for nearly 60 years, I still make boo-boos while parking. But I am sadder that wife seems to have a propensity for curbing wheels. I filled the tank with gas yesterday and noted the new custom mod to our rear right wheel. Ugg!

kia stinger badges
Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Stinger? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

DonD

I am paranoid when it comes to wheel rash or damage to the facia of our cars.

So far the Stinger is damage free but then it's only 3 mo old.

The result is that I park too far from curbs that are parallel to the parking spot or in front and the cars rear bumper sticks out.

Wishing good luck to all forum members, may your ride be blemish free! Don

RonNSoCal

Newbury Park, CA
As much as I hate to see anything like curb rash on the Stinger, I am even more paranoid about similar damage to our '16 SL400. The AMG wheels are very expensive and are also subject to cracking from potholes! The body is aluminum, rather than steel, so I can imagine repairs will be very costly if needed.

new kia badge emblem logo
The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

SFM

Fujairah
I hit a high curb in the front while parking and upon backing up, half tore the front chin covering off. I was able to peel it the rest of the way off using a pry tool. While not damaged badly, it is now a little tweaked. I am wondering if this piece can be put back on or whether I should buy a new one. I have seen the part for under $25, so it is not like it is a big deal to buy a new one. But the original part still looks like it might work since the tabs are not broken. Still, I am wondering if the slight warping would keep it from fitting snugly or staying put if reinstalled. Anyone have any experience with this issue? While something I could probably do myself, due to current physical problems I will take it to my mechanic to put on his lift and take care of it for me when I get my next oil change.
Do you mean the front bumper lip? I replaced that one twice in 2.5 years, once because I did some Ziebart for the undercarriage, and they somehow bent the front bumper lip. The second time I hit something while driving that looked like the flat big box straps with some metallic ends, it chipped the front bumper lip. I replaced them both times for $24, with installation included at the dealership.

It is sad that having driven for nearly 60 years, I still make boo-boos while parking. But I am sadder that wife seems to have a propensity for curbing wheels. I filled the tank with gas yesterday and noted the new custom mod to our rear right wheel. Ugg!
In the second month I had the car, I curbed one of the wheels in a Starbucks drive-thru. The curb helped me turn quicker in their tight drive-thru :laugh:

Last edited:

killinghall

There is an option to automatically turn on the front camera and display what's in front of you when moving forward at a slow speed.

However I find it slow to activate and have gotten into the habit of manually turning it on during the rare occasion when I park head in.

SFM

Fujairah
There is an option to automatically turn on the front camera and display what's in front of you when moving forward at a slow speed.

However I find it slow to activate and have gotten into the habit of manually turning it on during the rare occasion when I park head in.
There's an automatic option? I always manually turned on the sensors and front camera whenever I parked. For me the sensors and camera only automatically come on if I reverse first; otherwise I have to manually turn them on.

Last edited:

amehring1982

I bought a cheap $100 front splitter on Amazon figuring I can hit that but it will protect my bumper.

DonD

I'd appreciate you telling me (us perhaps) how you do this? I get the cameras of course whenever I am backing up. Haven't seen the front cameras operating. Thanks, Don

The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

RonNSoCal

Newbury Park, CA
I'd appreciate you telling me (us perhaps) how you do this? I get the cameras of course whenever I am backing up. Haven't seen the front cameras operating. Thanks, Don
It may depend on your equipment package. Our 2019 GT2 has the 360 degree camera but you need to activate with a button on the console. I was watching the sides when I forgot to check the front and went too far forward. For some of us old timers, the new tech sometimes is more confusing than helpful.

DonD

It may depend on your equipment package. Our 2019 GT2 has the 360 degree camera but you need to activate with a button on the console. I was watching the sides when I forgot to check the front and went too far forward. For some of us old timers, the new tech sometimes is more confusing than helpful.
Mine is a 2022 GT1 so maybe not the same arrangement as the GT2 has more features for the same model year than the GT1 and I'm sure you already know that. Don

killinghall

The first two options will need to be checked I believe.

20220110_183959.jpg

Last edited:

killinghall

Thanks much, I know how to get there. I suspect that it is something that has to be set up each time you drive, correct? That is what I have to do to get rid of Forward Safety which I despise. Don

It's a set it and forget it feature. When the vehicle is moving forward at less than 10km/h, the screen will come on every time it senses a close object in front.