kia stinger store

Ceramic Window Tint

DonD

I asked one member about it, didn't get a response.

For those who have it, how do you like it and do you feel it's worth the extra cost? XPEL raves about it. Thanks, Don

RedCal

1000 Posts Club!
Toronto, ON
I really like mine (Suntek) It certainly feels like it rejects heat better than my last car (both with black interiors) At the place that did mine it was only $100 more than the "standard" mid level tint.... so @$400 for the sides and rear glass

Blueangel

Duluth, GA
Have it..love it..worth it as I drive for a living. Went with ceramic irx

rk88

I got Prime XR installed on my stinger. I do feel that it makes a difference in how much heat comes in through the windows. It makes it a much more enjoyable ride in the hot summer months and the AC doesn't have to work as hard.

Now having it parked in the sun it may stay cooler for longer but the car is still always going to get hot. I think peoples expectations are a little too high for a giant metal box baking in the sun during summer.

Overall i do think it was worth the extra money and would purchase again.

Last edited:

dimwit

I got 35% 3M ceramic installed a few months ago. Keeps the interior shady and cool, protects the leather from the sun, and looks awesome.

new kia badge emblem logo
The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

RM7

North
Pretty sure ceramic is just marketing BS and doesn't make a discernable difference. I think there's some better information on it out there.

In my case ceramic tint has worked for me. I definitely have noticed a difference and have put it on all four windows and front windshield. If it is 100+ plus outside all the heat is not rejected but works much better than the tint on my previous car. I went with the 3M ceramic tint.

RM7

North
In my case ceramic tint has worked for me. I definitely have noticed a difference and have put it on all four windows and front windshield. If it is 100+ plus outside all the heat is not rejected but works much better than the tint on my previous car. I went with the 3M ceramic tint.
I mean, literally no one has actually done a controlled test comparing the same car and same tint %, just ceramic or not.

kia stinger badges
Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Stinger? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!
I mean, literally no one has actually done a controlled test comparing the same car and same tint %, just ceramic or not.

Everyone has their opinion whether it works or not. I noticed a difference and that is good enough for me at the end of the day. I was just giving my thoughts since the OP asked the community. Gimmick or not I have been satisfied. Also noticed i didnt need to run the AC as much this past summer.

5tinger

If anything the ceramic is more durable and doesn't have that dark shiny plastic appearance of film dye and metallic tints.

The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

RM7

North
Everyone has their opinion whether it works or not.

It shouldn't be opinion, it should be quantified, and not the BS put out by the people trying to sell it to you.

RM7

North
If anything the ceramic is more durable and doesn't have that dark shiny plastic appearance of film dye and metallic tints.
That just sounds like a bad install job.

dimwit

It shouldn't be opinion, it should be quantified, and not the BS put out by the people trying to sell it to you.
I got the entire car done for $400, with a lifetime guarantee. Now it is cooler inside with substantial glare reduction, plus the car looks great. No need in my case to consult a scientific journal to justify the expense, but to each his own.

777David

Can't really comment on the difference between the regular and ceramic, but opted to go ceramic. It really wasn't that much more costwise. For any additional heat block protection in the summer, it will be worth it. I went 35% and as other poster noted, it looks good!

Snowwhite

Everyone has their opinion whether it works or not. I noticed a difference and that is good enough for me at the end of the day. I was just giving my thoughts since the OP asked the community. Gimmick or not I have been satisfied. Also noticed i didnt need to run the AC as much this past summer.
he didn't mention if both cars were the same color and model. that'd be the only way to fairly measure it. i've had the same car in two colors, one black, one light green, and there was a *huge* difference in interior temps. even without tint.

I got the entire car done for $400, with a lifetime guarantee. Now it is cooler inside with substantial glare reduction, plus the car looks great. No need in my case to consult a scientific journal to justify the expense, but to each his own.
I second this and is all i said. I noticed a difference and was good enough for me.

Aarvix

Stinger Enthusiast
North TX
Nothing is going to keep your car from getting hot in a parking lot, and you should always use a sunshade regardless of tint just to prolong the life of your dash.

But I definitely can tell that my IRX-tinted windows reject the sun's rays better than the factory-tinted sunroof glass.

DonD

What brand did you get? XPEL wants close to $1000 for their ceramic on my Stinger. Thanks, Don

AusStinger

Stinger Enthusiast
Sydney, Australia
I had top of the line normal tint on my last car that was installed 2011 and it was good but not great.
I had top of the line ceramic tint done on the Stinger and it's noticeably better with regards to heat getting in.

I guess things have gotten better in 10 years but comparing current day ceramic to normal.... Can't comment.