Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

CEL, intakes and catch cans.

Discussion in 'Engine, Drivetrain, and Exhaust Discussion' started by GTA Jay, Jun 10, 2019 at 6:41 PM.

1. GTA Jay

GTA Jay Canada Active Member

Just had my Injen intakes and catch cans installed. Noticed the car had a CEL immediately upon starting up. Is this normal behaviour and will likely reset itself upon getting used to the new equipment? Or could the shop have done something to cause it?

2. StungBlueGT2

StungBlueGT2 United States 1000 Posts Club! Sustaining Member

I haven’t myself or heard anyone getting CELs from intakes, but unsure about catch cans. Likely the shop didn’t connect something properly or knocked something lose during install.

What code does it show? If you don’t have a reader any Autozone will check them for free.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Silverghost

Silverghost Canada Member

I never got a cel from installing catch cans. That is my only mod. I have now driven over 30,000 km with my catch can setup.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019 at 8:49 PM
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. eflyguy

eflyguy United States 2500 Posts Club!

If you don't have your own code reader, go to a local auto parts store and ask them to read the code for you. There's no reason for a can to trigger a code, something has been broken or disconnected.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Pnbnationsbest

Pnbnationsbest United States Active Member

Bet it's going to be a crankcase pressure fault.

6. cncBilly

cncBilly Canada Active Member

Installed my injen and add w1 myself. No CEL on start up or since. You let the wrong person touch your car. Self inflicted problem. Don't let the same piece of :poop: fix it. Do some research ask some questions and do it yourself properly. Sorry best I can do for ya.

7. RUFFSTUFF

RUFFSTUFF United States Active Member

Another member posted they got a CEL when the check valves on the ADD W1 failed. Search for it.

8. ecko04

ecko04 United States Active Member

No CEL for Intake, no CEL for JB4, and no CEL for ADD W1 (except for when the check valves failed).

If you’re throwing a CEL due to the intake it’s all but guaranteed there’s a leak somewhere.

• Like Like x 1
Draft saved Draft deleted