Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Carrying a large dog?

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger Talk' started by DrPattyCakes, May 17, 2019.

1. DrPattyCakes

DrPattyCakes Canada Member

Just wondering how everyone carries their large dog in their stinger.

I drive with 1 to 2 passengers max on small (4 hour) trips to go on 2-3 day "vacations" but I have a 90 pound dog to bring with me.
    I was thinking I could lower one of the two sides of the 40/60 rear seats, and let my dog roam in the rear but I don't know what to put on the flat area to prevent my dog to scratch the seats/trunk if he tries to stand.
    Any tips?

2. Rob M

Rob M United States Member

If you have a GT2 you could engage adaptive cruise and lane keep assist and let your dog sit in the driver's seat. But seriously, if you have 1 or 2 human passengers on a trip you are going to fill the hatch with luggage so there isn't going to be room for a dog back there. Probably better to have passenger who loves your furry friend share the back seat. Consider getting a rear bench pet protection covering, or just use bed sheets or a comforter. Also, gradually keep the pup's claws shorter and shorter to reduce the likelihood of scratches.

3. GenesisG70

GenesisG70 United States Stinger Enthusiast

2ECX7FDslt.jpg

Here ya go... But....

Ohhhh no I will never carry my dog on aaaaany of my cars, hell no! I have strict rules for my cars:
    1. you don't F ng carry animals inside
    2. you don't f ng eat inside my car
    3. you don't f ng smoke inside my car
    4. you don't f ng get in my car if you are dirty
    5. you don't f ng fart in my car
    :D

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Dspec 1

Dspec 1 Active Member

I just had my 120 lb lab/mastiff cross in the Stinger the other day. Just for a try. I put blankets to protect the leather (short drive), he stuck his big cute head through sunroof, then tried to get comfy. I think that’s the last time. He’s just too big and strong to not break something or hurt his fine self. So it’s the old red truck for him!

Draft saved Draft deleted