kia stinger store

Carid and Ark Performance

nhsjpeterson

Cando, ND
On July 15 I ordered the Ark Performance Legato hood from Carid on July 15, price was $979.30 + about $200 shipping. I was told it would be shipped the next day. They charged my credit card on the day it was ordered. (BTW, the Carid website said at the time that they had 5 in stock and that it would ship next day. The Ark Performance website also said that they were in stock, although I decided to order from Carid.

On July 17 (I might be off by a day) I got a phone call saying that they did NOT have any in stock, but it would ship on August 21. I agreed to this.

On August 20 I called to ask if it was still set to ship on the following day, and the person told me that it WOULD be shipped Aug 21.

Today, Aug 25, my order status still showed that it had not shipped. I called them again. The guy said he would call Ark performance and then call me back when he found anything out. He never called back, but I got an email late in the afternoon (it was timed stamped at 9:49 am, about 2 hours after my call, but it didn't enter my inbox until about 5 hours later for some reason)

The email said that there were no hoods available and there was no ETA as to when they MIGHT be available. The price is now showing at $1259.10 + shipping rather than my original invoice which shows $979.30. The email listed ONE option: to wait for the backordered items. (when there's only one option, it isn't an 'option'.)

Both Carid and Ark Performance STILL show the item in stock (Carid supposedly has 5 of them!) and ready to ship on their webpage, even though I have pointed it out to them back around the time of first ordering, and also in later calls (including today).

They have had my payment since July 15, but it took a phone call from me today for them to respond in any way to this delay (other than the July 17 call), and then only to give me the option of waiting longer.

I really want this hood, and if I had a reasonable expectation that it would eventually be delivered, I would stay on the list. But these deceptive practices have me wondering if I should ever do business with either company again.

nhsjpeterson

Cando, ND
Update -- now they're going to ship Sept 29. They've already given me two ship dates that have long since passed, but I want this hood, so I'm giving them a chance to come through on the third promise.

Hawk373

Central Jersey
I just foolishly made a purchase with CARID. They had listed the Ark GT-F lowering springs on EBay at over 10 on hand. I spoke with a customer service agent and he confirmed the same and set up a purchase for me.

Same deal as above, they don’t actually have the product, but want to tie up your money, stringing you along with phony shipment dates so you don’t go elsewhere.

They sent an email suggesting a mythical ship date and also asked if I wanted to cancel. I requested cancellation and they replied by saying they’ll take as long as they want refunding and the item may ship in the meantime. I cancelled payment through PayPal after reading that.

I’ve always avoided them in the past because they seem shady. Guess I should have stuck to my gut on this one.

CARID is just another unethical bad customer service super-seller that needs to go away.

Hawk373

Central Jersey
Update -- now they're going to ship Sept 29. They've already given me two ship dates that have long since passed, but I want this hood, so I'm giving them a chance to come through on the third promise.
Someone else deserves this sale more than CARID. Aren’t any of the Stinger centric vendors able to source a hood for you?

Cosmo

FYI: If you're from California, purchase from a California company (or several other states) you can take legal action against ANYONE for charging your credit card without a tracking number or some proof of shipping. I have 2 cases in process right now but can't share the details......yet.

Hawk373

Central Jersey
This is their BBB Information, they have abysmal reviews but somehow are accredidated with an A+ rating. Makes you wonder how BBB arrives at these grades. It was actually a bit difficult to find them at first because they register under Onyx.
I let EBay know they are using baiting tactics to get hold of customer funds for products they know are not on hand. I also froze the funds through PayPal. F these guys.
Business ID:0090035239
Name:Onyx
Address:185 Hudson St Harborside Plaza 5 14th Floor
City:Jersey City
State/County:NJ
Zip/Postal Code:07311
Business Phone Number:(800) 317-1538

2020KGT2

California
FYI: If you're from California, purchase from a California company (or several other states) you can take legal action against ANYONE for charging your credit card without a tracking number or some proof of shipping. I have 2 cases in process right now but can't share the details......yet.
I learned that the hard way with vivid racing and AEM intake. Same situation. I literally asked him in email if he has in stock ad he can physically grab right now. He said yes. Otherwise I told him I don't want it. I ordered. A few days later no shipping email.

I emailed him and said that its gonna be a few weeks so I agreed. A whole month goes by. I was busy working crazy hours. I finally email and they said they forgot to contact the manufacturer or warehouse where ever they get it. How do you forget that. Ridiculous. So I place a charge back with my card and have to wait 30 days to receive my money. Literally on day 30 they email saying they're going to refund me. That day I had literally just received the credit from Discover to cover my money while they take it from them.

It was my first chargeback ever so I didn't know I should wait until I receive the money from them. I canceled the charge back that same hour of the email and credit from discover. The credit was taken back by discover, but nothing ever showed up from Vivid Racing. I asked them what the hell is going on and honestly I was angry and wasn't the nicest since they just jerked me around for months which i get was a dick thing to do. They keep saying they refunded it to my card, but will not provide proof of the last 4 of the card number it went to. Discover won't give me the credit again without proof since I closed the case thinking I could trust them.

Hawk373

Central Jersey
I learned that the hard way with vivid racing and AEM intake. Same situation. I literally asked him in email if he has in stock ad he can physically grab right now. He said yes. Otherwise I told him I don't want it. I ordered. A few days later no shipping email.

I emailed him and said that its gonna be a few weeks so I agreed. A whole month goes by. I was busy working crazy hours. I finally email and they said they forgot to contact the manufacturer or warehouse where ever they get it. How do you forget that. Ridiculous. So I place a charge back with my card and have to wait 30 days to receive my money. Literally on day 30 they email saying they're going to refund me. That day I had literally just received the credit from Discover to cover my money while they take it from them.

It was my first chargeback ever so I didn't know I should wait until I receive the money from them. I canceled the charge back that same hour of the email and credit from discover. The credit was taken back by discover, but nothing ever showed up from Vivid Racing. I asked them what the hell is going on and honestly I was angry and wasn't the nicest since they just jerked me around for months which i get was a dick thing to do. They keep saying they refunded it to my card, but will not provide proof of the last 4 of the card number it went to. Discover won't give me the credit again without proof since I closed the case thinking I could trust them.
There’s not much to protect the little guy from stores with that kind of attitude.

Hawk373

Central Jersey
It sucks. Now I'm out $366 that I could have used to buy my front splitter or pay for a portion of my wheels.
You can try BBB, consumer affairs, and/or Federal Trade Commission.
BBB helped me with a bad service on my Toyota a year ago. They might be one of those super sellers that just absorbs those hits though.
Worth a shot.

nhsjpeterson

Cando, ND
I have bought a few things from CarID before without problem.

I just called Ark Legato and they have a record of the order that I placed the order with CarID. The guy I called said they would put my order at the top of the 'to do' list as it has to be custom made and would take around 3 weeks.

I'm not totally reassured, but feel a little better that maybe it will get done. I hope I can convince Ark to send the finished product directly to me rather than to CarID first.

Hawk373

Central Jersey
I have bought a few things from CarID before without problem.

I just called Ark Legato and they have a record of the order that I placed the order with CarID. The guy I called said they would put my order at the top of the 'to do' list as it has to be custom made and would take around 3 weeks.

I'm not totally reassured, but feel a little better that maybe it will get done. I hope I can convince Ark to send the finished product directly to me rather than to CarID first.
Hearing it straight from Ark is pretty reassuring.

cncBilly

1000 Posts Club!
North Vancouver
It sucks. Now I'm out $366 that I could have used to buy my front splitter or pay for a portion of my wheels.
Ya sucks, but you kinda shot yourself in the foot there was the charge back.:cautious:

nhsjpeterson

Cando, ND
and the Carid website STILL says 5 on hand with next-day shipping, and ArkPerformance.com also says it is in stock, even though I have called them multiple times and they admit on the phone that there is no stock on hand.