Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Cargo Light Drivers side

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger Lighting - Inside and Out' started by SOCAL2.0, Aug 18, 2018.

1. SOCAL2.0

SOCAL2.0 United States Member

Why in the world would Kia think it is acceptable not to connect the driverside cargo light so it works like the one on the passenger side? It appears that all the components are physically installed just not hooked up!! WHY?

2. Stinger GT SS

Stinger GT SS Australia 1000 Posts Club!

Mine work on both sides, so I would take it to your dealer & have it rectified.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Have you checked the globe?

4. SOCAL2.0

Dealer told me flat out my model (premium) is suppose to have only one working cargo light.

5. Seems odd, I'd get a second opinion.

6. Kamauxx

Kamauxx United States 1000 Posts Club!

Dealers are stupid though, so take that into consideration.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2018
  7. Paul32

Paul32 United States Stinger Enthusiast

We have cargo lights?

OK, checked mine out, both work, GT1. When it's dark, time for bed. When It's light OK to drive the Stinger. It's an age thing.

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Kamauxx

Lol. I must be old then. I rarely drive my car at night. There just isn't a lot going on out there for a married guy with 3 kids after 9 pm.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Soca Boy

Soca Boy Canada Stinger Enthusiast

That’s what I said also

10. eflyguy

eflyguy United States 1000 Posts Club! Staff Member Moderator

I'd get yelled at, again, if I suggested you look inside your owners manual on page 7-90, where it clearly shows there are two lights in the "luggage room", so instead, I'll look for you.....

Unfortunately, you are going to have to ask the same idiot dealer to get one of his "skilled technicians" to change it for you, because it's a complete unit, and you can't touch it as you might break something (according to the manual, at least)..

Screen Shot 2018-08-20 at 20.04.00.png

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Kamauxx

Thanks for joining the community!

12. Paul32

Thanks, that was a big help, I hate that manual. Can never find anything I'm looking for. Keywords I use are never there.

• Like Like x 1
  13. eflyguy

eflyguy United States 1000 Posts Club! Staff Member Moderator

Download it, link below, then you can search until you find what you're looking for. I searched for "bulbs" which took me straight to the index for section 7, which then says 7-90 for the "luggage room" bulbs.. :)

I don't think I ever even took my owners manual for my 2015 Sorento out of the package. I even reference the PDF on my phone when, for example, I'm at the store buying oil...

14. Paul32

Oh, you have a smart phone?? I couldn't afford a phone and the Stinger.

15. SOCAL2.0

Thanks for the info I will take my OM and show it to my dealer. This will make my 3d attempt. First time the guy that installed my plates told me I had to schedule with the service dept. Second try was when I had my first oil change. They found SA341 needed to be performed. Concern for my cargo light "NO CONNECTION AVAILABLE FOR THIS VEHICLE" so now I am going to try a third time!

Draft saved Draft deleted