• PLEASE! It is VERY important that this area is not used for the discussion of technical issues with your Stinger. This section is for posting about regional-specific things like Stinger clubs, events, local vendor or dealer recommendations, KiaStinger.com member sightings, etcetera... In other words, I do NOT want people to need to scour through several different sections to find answers about their heads up display. That's why there's a section dedicated specifically to discussions like that. THANK YOU!
kia stinger store

Cannot register to map care website

psyherin

Newish Member
Melbourne
Hi All,
Bought Stinger GT MY19 recently and have been trying to create account on the website au.map-care . com to check / download latest map update.
Is anyone facing the same issues when trying to register to the website?

Mod: If this is not the right place to post. please move it to another place in the forum.

Regards

Coast GT

1000 Posts Club!
Central Coast NSW
Didn’t even know it existed, my dealer never mentioned it. I had a look after reading your post and signed up to new account within a minute or so, no issues. Mine is showing a map update of 10/1/19. What’s the build date of your MY19? It may have the current version from the factory.

Ozstung

Sustaining Member
Western Sydney.
Hi All,
Bought Stinger GT MY19 recently and have been trying to create account on the website au.map-care . com to check / download latest map update.

Mod: If this is not the right place to post. please move it to another place in the forum.

Regards
I don't think you need a map date on a '19 car. Your first update should be free from the dealer, i believe after that we have to pay.

Coast GT

1000 Posts Club!
Central Coast NSW
I don't think you need a map date on a '19 car. Your first update should be free from the dealer, i believe after that we have to pay.
I thought they came as part of the warranty and were just updated free of charge when updates were published. I’m guessing once a year. I’m not sure if I should do it myself or get the dealer to do it when it goes in for service in just over 1000km

Ozstung

Sustaining Member
Western Sydney.
Mine was updated at the 10000k service i had to ask , they said it wasnt going to be free. When i picked up the car later they said they'd done me a favour. Others on here suggested only your first update is free.

Ozstung

Sustaining Member
Western Sydney.
I’ll ask when I book it in, it hasn’t been updated since I bought it
Would you be free for the Hunter valley run on Sunday March 3rd? Its organised by the Kia Gt facebook club. I'll post in the forum when i have all the rendez vous points.

ShannonC

1000 Posts Club!
Hi All,

Regards
I created an account and did an update last October. Version AUS.10.47.48.480.002.2 (V10.0) and that should be the most current.
I believe we are allowed one free update per year either at Dealer or DIY.
According to the website there are no new updates for Stinger so you should have the latest version.

app_master

Founding Member
Brisbane, Australia
This login worked for me. Thanks for the advice and link (I too did not know it existed). I like to do these update myself so will check my version when back in car.
FYI the map registration email promptly went to my spam/junk folder, so check this if you sign-up for it.

Here is their video;

Thanks.[/MEDIA]

Last edited:

Stinger GT SS

5000 Posts Club!
Sydney, NSW
I created an account and did an update last October. Version AUS.10.47.48.480.002.2 (V10.0) and that should be the most current.
I believe we are allowed one free update per year either at Dealer or DIY.
According to the website there are no new updates for Stinger so you should have the latest version.
This is my current version & map updates on the Stinger are free
35A80819-7AFA-4906-B98A-717B3305D64C.jpeg

psyherin

Newish Member
Melbourne
Good to hear you guys are able to register and check/update your map.. I will probably wait for sometime until they add MY19 VIN numbers to the map update database :)

Coast GT

1000 Posts Club!
Central Coast NSW
Good to hear you guys are able to register and check/update your map.. I will probably wait for sometime until they add MY19 VIN numbers to the map update database :)
It could be that is the problem. When you go in for the next service get the dealer to see if they can do it. There’s a dealer portal on the same site and they’d have to enter vehicle make/model & VIN the same as us. If it works for them it should work for you.

smillie

Auckland NZ
Mine was updated at the 10000k service i had to ask , they said it wasnt going to be free. When i picked up the car later they said they'd done me a favour. Others on here suggested only your first update is free.
Talked to the Kia head office in NZ, the guy I talked to there said we get 10 years of free updates.

Coast GT

1000 Posts Club!
Central Coast NSW
So I logged on to the map care website today and it shows there’s an update from 10/1/19. I checked my current version which hasn’t been updated since I purchased my Stinger June 2018 and compared it to what was posted by @Stinger GT SS & @ShannonC it showed this 84E9ABAB-A3AD-45FA-8392-C9BBA6CC77BB.jpeg which is the same as both of them. Anyway as the site said there was an update curiosity got the better of me and I downloaded the update file which was about 5GB. Followed the instructions, reinstalled the SD card to the Stinger and hit the button that said update on the settings menu in the car. It took a few minutes and then finalised and showed the following. D88C21E9-ECF8-463B-9971-4E763F9CD519.jpeg 5EB18450-0944-4F3E-9A52-2F74856B92CA.jpeg Guess what? They’re exactly the bloody same!! So much for an available map update. After doing all this I went back to the website and dug deeper to find a section that showed which 2019 vehicles have been added. The Stinger was not included. That page also stated that the current version for all vehicles is 10.47.48.480.002.2 (version 10)and that if you have this version from the factory there’s no need to update. Wish I’d found this before I wasted my time doing all the other stuff, but at least now I know how to do the update. It’s pretty simple.

grova66

hi all can anyone contact customer care or at least login and find the details to email or phone them?
I tried to create a login and never received the confirmation email not even in my junk folder and now I cant access any details on the site.
I have even tried to register with a different email ……..
but guess what my vin is already associated with my original email so I cant use it with a new email.
every time I try to get the contact details the site just tries to log me in to my original email which them throws up the message no associated details with this email.

just wondering if anyone who has a login could please access the contact details for them for me so I could at least contact them and try to get it sorted out.

I was told that 10 years of free map updates was included when mine was delivered, provided I keep the services up to date with them. Haven't bothered to check if mine is up to date, will leave that for the dealer to worry about.

Driver

Phone number on the mapcare website is 13 15 42

I had email problems too - it got caught in my mail server's spam filter because whoever setup that Map-Care website had NFI how to properly configure their outbound email. Rookie IT mis-configuration!!!

And it's free for the 7yr warranty IIRC. Maybe some dealers are charging for "installation"?

Nasscar

1000 Posts Club!
Perth, Western Australia
Yummittman is right. 10 years free map updates come with the Stinger here in Australia. I don't think it matters whether you go through a dealer or not for service in regards to the map updates. I did mine myself.