Looking for ways to enhance your Stinger and set it apart from others on the road? Look no further than KDM Warehouse!

Canadian warranty invalid USA

Dark smoke

Hey fellows just brought a used 2020 stinger gt2. 25,000 mi, Didn’t realize it was from Canada. Called em , they said no warranty.

Rodtheviking

Stinger Enthusiast
Vancouver, WA
Yup, unless you can get it back to Canada.

Kia Stinger

Staff member
Palm Beach, FL
Hey fellows just brought a used 2020 stinger gt2. 25,000 mi, Didn’t realize it was from Canada. Called em , they said no warranty.
Welcome. Moved this topic out of the community lounge and into the Stinger forum.

Grump

Ontario, Canada
That doesn't sound right to me. The manufacturer warranty is fully transferable to the new owner and the warranty is good at any authorized Kia dealer in US/CAD.

I had a similar problem with my dodge minivan. Bought in Canada, traveled to states, needed work, and they wouldn't cover it. A call to Chrysler corporate sorted the dealership right out and it was fixed the next day.

> Any remaining portion of the warranty is fully transferable to subsequent owners.

And theres a section in there about visiting the states. Where you live or the vehicle is registered doesn't matter, but you're bound by Canada's crappy 5y100k warranty instead of the longer US warranty.

The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...
G

G-758730

Just ran into the same issue. Kia Canada told me my vehicle is not covered in the US because it's a Canadian Warranty and I'm a US Citizen - Even though I purchase the product in the USA. The Warranty would apply if I were Canadian, purchased the vehicle in Canada, and drove it across the board - Which makes no sense. In order for the warranty to apply, I have to drive the car back to Canada. The only thing they will cover in the US is repairs due to recalls. No sure if I can trade the car in now. I might have to drive it to Canada in order to sell it or wait until the warranty expires.

Rodtheviking

Stinger Enthusiast
Vancouver, WA
My local dealer told me they wont even do the recalls, I would have to drive it back to Canada to get it done.

rpoffen

1000 Posts Club!
California
Just ran into the same issue. Kia Canada told me my vehicle is not covered in the US because it's a Canadian Warranty and I'm a US Citizen - Even though I purchase the product in the USA. The Warranty would apply if I were Canadian, purchased the vehicle in Canada, and drove it across the board - Which makes no sense. In order for the warranty to apply, I have to drive the car back to Canada. The only thing they will cover in the US is repairs due to recalls. No sure if I can trade the car in now. I might have to drive it to Canada in order to sell it or wait until the warranty expires.
Just sounds like a loophole to get out of honoring a warranty.

RIck-F

What Dark Smoke wrote about his car is wrong-- He bought a GT or a GT Limited/Elite, not a GT2; but is correct about NO warranty. Kia will take care of Recall items, however.

What Grump wrote is true, but not applicable to Dark Smoke's situation. He purchased a (used) Canadian car in the USA. You can't buy a NEW Canadian car in the US. And even if you go to Canada and save 10K buying a new Stinger and you bring it home to the US= No Warranty. There's a logical reason for this.

In Canada the NEW Stinger is available in GT Limited ($50,495), GT Elite ($52,995) A GT-Elite is the same as a GT2. In US dollars the price is $38,552.09 today for the Elite (GT2).

If Dark Smoke bought the car from a real car dealer, he should insist on the dealer providing him a third-party protection plan-- or take the car back - or talk to a lawyer . . . The other problem is the "connectivity" issue . . .

I would not worry too much, I bought a 2019 in 2019 and never once needed any warranty service or claim. I traded it in on my 2022.

Last edited:
Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Stinger? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!