kia stinger store

Canadian-spec Stinger for sale in the US

Ecobust

I was just on cars. com looking at a 2018 GT2 that I was thinking must be a unicorn due to features not available until later years (metal grey with red leather, 360 cam, heated rear seats). It finally dawned on me that it's actually a Canadian spec GT2, or whatever it's called there.

So now I'm wondering, is that even legal? Can cars be brought in and sold if they originate from Canada and will Kia honor the warranty?

kia stinger badges
Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Stinger? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

RedCal

1000 Posts Club!
Toronto, ON
You can buy and move cars over the border (both ways) just takes some paperwork... and maybe some taxes to pay. I know more than a few people who have bought in the US and brought them home, but I think they have all been used and out of warranty. (it was really popular when our dollar was worth more than yours, and you car prices are much lower than ours

The warranty is the question US gets 10year, we get 5year, and I would ask KIA and get it writing before I committed to the sale. (if warranty is important to you) I know if I'm in the US, and I need warranty service it's covered, but that only "visiting"

EDIT- 360 cam & rear heated seats would make the top trim here - "GT Limited" IIRC

MT85

Newish Member
I was just on cars. com looking at a 2018 GT2 that I was thinking must be a unicorn due to features not available until later years (metal grey with red leather, 360 cam, heated rear seats). It finally dawned on me that it's actually a Canadian spec GT2, or whatever it's called there.

So now I'm wondering, is that even legal? Can cars be brought in and sold if they originate from Canada and will Kia honor the warranty?
I checked out a CA to USA Stinger also. This was a couple of months ago. Called Kia Canada. They told me there is no warranty for Kia cars coming to the US. Recalls would be covered, but no warranty work. The lady said "if I were you I would not buy a Canadian Kia in the USA".
About 1 month ago I saw a 2022 GT2 for sale and finally found out it was from Canada too. The salesman said depending on how the paperwork is done when the car is brought to the States, it can have a warranty. I tend to believe the warranty representative from Kia Canada a little more than a person trying to sell me a car. :p