1. PLEASE! It is VERY important that this area is not used for the discussion of technical issues with your Stinger. This section is for posting about regional-specific things like Stinger clubs, events, local vendor or dealer recommendations, KiaStinger.com member sightings, etcetera... In other words, I do NOT want people to need to scour through several different sections to find answers about their heads up display. That's why there's a section dedicated specifically to discussions like that. THANK YOU!
Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Canadian Extended Warranty costs?

Discussion in 'Canada Stinger Forum' started by Jonathan Lasich, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Jonathan Lasich

Jonathan Lasich Canada Active Member

Anyone know the cost of the Canadian extended warranty plans? I'm thinking of getting a 10 year extended warranty for my Stinger Limited. Thanks.

2. Clearly Canadian

Clearly Canadian Canada Stinger Enthusiast

Do you mean from Kia?

A website called Obvi allows up to +2 years after the Cdn warranty period.

DC475A65-4619-4235-8259-8C98627D27A5.png

3. Jonathan Lasich

Yes, from Kia. They offer plans up to an additional 5 years after the factory warranty expires, so 10 years total. I believe that it has a 200,000 Km mileage limit.

4. SteveCo

SteveCo Canada 1000 Posts Club!

I think the individual dealers can set those numbers wherever they want, as it's a huge profit centre for them. They gave me a rate quotation sheet when I bought the car for the Kia Protect '5 Star' Mechanical Breakdown Protection with a $100 deductible. They offered me at the time $500 dollars off any of the plans.

The pricing was presented in a grid, so you could choose both the term and the mileage. There were 6 terms available from 5 yrs to 10 yrs inclusive, and 10 mileage levels from 110,000 km to 200,000 km.

Before the discount, the 10 year plan pricing was from $2996 for 110,000 km up to $3231 for 200,000 km. The discount I was offered would be applied to that, then GST added. That will at least give you something to use for comparison.

Coverages for the various Kia Protect plans are shown here, but they tell you to get pricing from your dealer.

Kia Canada - kiaprotect

Note: On the quotation sheet under the pricing, it had a separate line that said 'Multimedia Software Package: NO' - so I expect there is an added cost option available that includes the periodic map/HU updates.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jonathan Lasich

Thanks. That helps a lot!

Draft saved Draft deleted