Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Canadian Buyers - How much did you pay vs. MSRP?

Discussion in 'How to Buy a Kia Stinger' started by K-Rock, Jun 6, 2018.

1. K-Rock

K-Rock Canada Member

Are our negotiating margins tighter than in the US? Are any dealers pulling mark up shenanigans?

Any dealers you recommend? I'm in the Hamilton area and drive to Toronto a couple times a week, so any dealership from Niagara to KW is close enough.

2. Jon Boy

Jon Boy Canada Member

I bought mine at $49,900 plus the fees, etc. They gave me free oil changes but no other discount. At least it wasn’t marked up like I’m seeing elsewhere. Dealer is in Oshawa

Attached Files:

3. K-Rock

K-Rock Canada Member

Beautiful car Jon Boy. I always love black cars and no exception here. Part of me loves the white and atomic blue as well.

I see you haveave the E badges. Did it come like that? I saw Lockwood in Oakville had added that in for a charge, but it looked like it was done properly.

What fees did they charge? Freight and PDI? I'm sure there are some made up Ontario fees you can't avoid.

Thanks for the reply!

4. Jonathan Lasich

Jonathan Lasich Canada Active Member

Aurora Black/Red Nappa Leather Limited--got $2K off MSRP, applied a $500 credit from Kia as we had recently bought another vehicle from them and got $200 off the admin fee ($200 vs $400), so all in all $2700 off MSRP. Kia of Brockville was the dealer. Top notch in all respects!!

• Like Like x 1
  5. K-Rock

K-Rock Canada Member

Thanks Jonathan. Great info.

Genesis mentioned $500 loyalty cash for .y existing Hyundai, so I'll see if Kia can match.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
  6. K-Rock

K-Rock Canada Member

Also did you have to pay Freight/PDI?

7. Jonathan Lasich

Yes I did pay Freight/PDI. I can't remember offhand exactly how much but pretty sure it was less than the $1785 listed on the Kia Canada website.

8. K-Rock

K-Rock Canada Member

Perfect. That gives me the info I need to go in there.

9. forzanerazzurri

forzanerazzurri Canada Active Member

There has to be more movement than this. Almost 50k for a GT incl preight/pdi and tax is too much for this car.

• Like Like x 1
  10. K-Rock

K-Rock Canada Member

I dunno, what car is more bang for the buck than this?

11. SteveCo

SteveCo Canada Stinger Enthusiast

Then perhaps you should be looking at the Audi S5 Sportback, which is about the closest match on the market right now. Add all the extra cost options to get to the same equipment level, and see if you like that number better ... :whistle:

... and while you're at it, convert the MSRP for the US Stinger AWD top trim, which is actually less well equipped than the Canadian market car, from USD to CAD. See if you still feel the Canadian MSRP is artificially high.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Jonathan Lasich

Just so you know, I went in knowing the dealer cost price ahead of time, ready to do battle. The sales manager told me what the MSRP price was, and I simply asked "...so what kind of dealer discount can I expect on this car?". Didn't have to say another word. The sales manager came up with the above mentioned deal all on his own. I felt that it was more than fair and there was nothing more that I could reasonably ask for, so I accepted what he offered without question.

13. K-Rock

K-Rock Canada Member

I like doing business like that. Up front, everyone has done their DD. Forgive the Noob question, I have usually bought 1 or 2 year old cars - how do you know dealer cost?

14. Jonathan Lasich

Have you test driven this car yet? Do you own one??

I'll be very honest with you. I've owned a multitude of vehicles in the past, from a Smart diesel cabriolet, to a corvette C6 Z06, a Nissan GT-R all the way to a 2009 Mercedes-Benz AMG SL63 (which originally stickered in Canada at $174K). Up to the Stinger, the AMG was the overall nicest vehicle my wife and I ever owned. Not any more. We both agree that the Stinger (Limited edition) is currently at the top of the pile. It's loaded with every electronic nanny and bell and whistle you can imagine, goes like stink, sporty but still comfortable on a long trip, hatchback with more cargo room than you expect, more rear leg and head room than pretty much any other "sports car" that I've ever owned, looks "badass" and draws just as much attention on the road as my GT-R (which says A LOT 'cause the GT-R attracted a TON of attention!), can be driven all year long with winter wheels and tires, comes with a 5 year/100K km warranty and with a measly $800 ECU tune, intakes and spark plugs, can get you north of 500 crank HP! It ain't perfect, but pretty damn close!!! At $47.3K plus H.S.T., it's an absolute steal!!! I absolutely LOVE this car!!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Jonathan Lasich

Unhaggle.com

According to them, dealer cost on the GT is $2K less than MSRP and on the Limited $3K less than MSRP. I'm pretty sure that's accurate as the sales manager told me that all he wanted was to be able to make $1K on the Limited after discounting it $2K. The additional discounts he offered up afterward. I felt that was fair.

People will tell you that there is always a "dealer holdback" that they get from the manufacturer after the sale, so he may very well have actually made more than the $1K he claims, but I wasn't about to argue.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. K-Rock

K-Rock Canada Member

I realize this was for Fonzy, but I'll add my background on this...I don't have the same sports car history, but I drove this, the Genesis G70, and the Tesla Model S recently. It started out with me getting a day one option to purchase a Model 3 and as it came time to order I started to look at how much car I could get for the same money factoring gas savings etc. I have been in a lot of really nice cars of friends, and for the money, this is what I'm leaning towards.

17. K-Rock

K-Rock Canada Member

That works for me. I want a realistic offer that gets the deal done and doesn't leave too much money on the table.

18. forzanerazzurri

forzanerazzurri Canada Active Member

I get it. I've driven it. I love the car too, its why im here. I currently drive an M3 Coupe. We are expecting baby number 1 any day so I am drawn to the extra space and the hatch which is wrapped in a pretty aggressive performance package. I think the 4-door hatch is a brilliant compromise for those of us who dont want an SUV. That said, I just dont want to pay 50k for it. It is what it is.

• Like Like x 1
  19. K-Rock

K-Rock Canada Member

Congrats on the new arrival!

20. Jonathan Lasich

+1!!

Draft saved Draft deleted