1. PLEASE! It is VERY important that this area is not used for the discussion of technical issues with your Stinger. This section is for posting about regional-specific things like Stinger clubs, events, local vendor or dealer recommendations, KiaStinger.com member sightings, etcetera... In other words, I do NOT want people to need to scour through several different sections to find answers about their heads up display. That's why there's a section dedicated specifically to discussions like that. THANK YOU!
Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Canadian 2018 Stinger GT Limited - Oil (difference in manual vs. oil cap)

Discussion in 'Canada Stinger Forum' started by ShawnD32, Mar 26, 2019.

1. ShawnD32

ShawnD32 Canada New Member

Good morning everyone,
    Picked up this awesome 2018 Stinger GT Limited a week ago and loving it! Coming from a 2016 Nissan Maxima SR which I also loved, but the Stinger is better in almost every way. Only thing worse with the Stinger is the fuel economy, but hey, I didn't buy it for fuel economy, bought it for the fun of the 3.3L TT with AWD!

Anyway, my question is about oil. Thinking about my first oil change and there is a discrepancy in what the manual states and what my oil cap states. I bought this used so not sure if the oil cap was changed for some reason...could any of you fellow Canadian V6 Stingers see what yours says or what you and/or the dealers have been using for oil?

The manual states 5W30 as the lightest weight at the lowest temperature for the 3.3L, however, my oil cap says 0W30?

Thanks!

20190318_171743.jpg 20190325_194614.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Luc

Luc Canada Member

Loving the Thunder Grey.

Mine states 5W30, and that is what was used during the first service (3 months & 5k km). I'm in Toronto, doesn't get too cold here.

3. SteveCo

SteveCo Canada 1000 Posts Club!

Follow the manual - that's the bible.

Looks like the same brand of filler cap, but mine agrees with the 5W-30 in the owners manual. Could be somebody had the wrong cap in the parts bin at the factory when the engine was assembled, or a KIA dealer got it mixed up with another car's during an oil change ... ? :rolleyes:

Something like that would bug me - if you bought it from a dealer, I'd ask them to provide you with the right cap.

Sharp looking car - congratulations on the purchase! :thumbup:

upload_2019-3-26_20-37-3.png

4. Sime

Sime Australia Active Member

Call Kia Directly.

5. robz32

robz32 United States 2500 Posts Club! Staff Member Moderator Texas Stinger Swarm

Manual is correct.

6. That's bizarre. It may have been for a vehicle meant for Alberta or somewhere super-cold, but 5W30 is the right one. I do my own oil changes and use a 5W30 synthetic.

Draft saved Draft deleted