1. PLEASE! It is VERY important that this area is not used for the discussion of technical issues with your Stinger. This section is for posting about regional-specific things like Stinger clubs, events, local vendor or dealer recommendations, KiaStinger.com member sightings, etcetera... In other words, I do NOT want people to need to scour through several different sections to find answers about their heads up display. That's why there's a section dedicated specifically to discussions like that. THANK YOU!
  2. We're having a vote for the location of our upcoming KIA Stinger dot com StingerFest. Please CLICK HERE to cast your vote!
Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Buying for Export

Discussion in 'Canada Stinger Forum' started by thethunderbird, May 2, 2019.

1. thethunderbird

thethunderbird United States Member

Hi all, I'll be buying a Stinger in the coming months to export to the US. I'm a Canadian citizen living in the US. I've got the import details all sorted, so now I just need to find the right GT Limited.

Since it effectively doesn't matter where I buy the car from (as it's going to be put on a truck anyway) I'm having a hard time figuring out where to start. Dealers in Canada seem to be very opaque about what they can do for pricing. I've contacted a few that have cars listed with dealer discounts who suddenly raise the price, say that car is sold but another is available (at MSRP), etc.

The best idea I have so far is to find a dealer who is offering competitive pricing and then shop that with other dealers. But I have no idea where to start. There seems to be little information online about which dealers in Canada are offering the biggest discounts. Does anyone have any recommendations?

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Clearly Canadian

Clearly Canadian Canada Stinger Enthusiast

Buy from Alberta... Only 5% tax.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. thethunderbird

thethunderbird United States Member

If I'm exporting the car, I won't have to pay the PST (or can get it refunded) no matter where I buy it. West is better, though, as the car will end up in California.

Any dealer recommendations in AB? Advice on how much of a discount I can get? I see that Kia West Edmonton has five 2018's that they may want to unload.

4. Clearly Canadian

Clearly Canadian Canada Stinger Enthusiast

They will all try to game you. Best approach is for you to make them compete against each other for your business. Avoid getting emotionally attached and have no loyalty.

Draft saved Draft deleted
Tags: